🥇 BANNER 2 1/2 ounce MONSTER GOLD NUGGET !!

Ron (CA)

Feb 1, 2005
Mechanicsville VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 , Deus 1 & 2,
Was out relic hunting with my buddy Mark (49r Relics) and got a nice 39/40 on the CTX. From past experienced I knew it has a chance of being a gold nugget!! Got is all on video!!

What an amazing feeling popping out a huge chunk of gold like this. I know many of you are not gold hunters (at least not in nugget form) but gold this size is the Holy Grail of nugget hunting!! Amazing to see this surface for the first time and be the first person to ever touch it!! The Nugget Gods have been nice to Mark and me!!

2 oz gold 2.jpg 2 oz gold 3.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 70

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron,
My BANNER vote is in!!!! OUTSTANDING GOLD NUGGET!!!! Just friggin' AWESOME!!!! :occasion14:
You guys are going to start another Calif gold rush. I'm loading my equipment onto my mules now. The trip from NC should take me about 2 months. I'm hoping to be sporting a miners beard by that time. LOL.
Thanks for the great video. What was that old movie at the start? I'd love to watch it.
Congrats,
Doug

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WE're gonna have to stop calling it the banner....after three giant nuggets I think it should be called " Ron and friends banner of nugs" good job guys

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats and WOW! My votes in, too.
Great going guys! :notworthy:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy Toledo Ron thats one "Huge" Nugget there !!! Congrats on that smashing find !!! Its a beauty =) Will have to watch the video sometime on a real Internet connect.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!
Is that your 2ed Big Nug in around the last Year?

I saw where another poster said it was your 3rd , Maybe one missed the Banner Scroll :dontknow:

Congratz on another Dream Find..

Davers

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is really cool, banner find!

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing Ron, you are not even looking for gold and you are doing better than I am this year. Took me two month to find a couple ounces in smaller chunks and you find more in a single chunk in one shot! Good job, and makes me wonder how many more nuggets are in trashy areas many nugget hunters avoid.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Twice the size of your last banner find! Congrats:icon_thumleft:

GG~

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just watched the Video .
Very Exciting ..

Just noticed you guys were hunting at night , just like in your last Video.
Do Yall Prefer to hunt at Night, Cooler Temps , or Does work only allow hunting at night.
Just Wondering

Davers

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wow, that is what dreams are made of! congrats on the solid banner find besides the monetary value! it really amazes me when someone finds something like this. there are guys hunting hard, digging, panning and all of that and you guys are relic hunting! just goes to prove it can be anywhere! thanks for sharing pics and video

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent find. You don't see one of those every day. Hope to check out the video tonight.

mihmar79

Dec 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice one! gj! :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-S6500D using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Ron (CA)

Ron (CA)

Feb 1, 2005
Mechanicsville VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 , Deus 1 & 2,
Thanks everyone for the nice comments and the banner votes!! It does the ego good to see a find up there. :)

A few answers to a few questions.

Machine: Minelab CTX 3030 No special program just a pretty open screen with some disc at the bottom to knock out most of the smaller iron.

Smaller nuggs hit in the 12-7 to 12-15 range on the CTX. Mark found a 6 grain nugget about 2 inches deep with the CTX. I was impressed!

Movie: GOLD IS WHERE YOU FIND IT (1938) about the impact that hydraulic mining had on the farmers in CA.

Night Hunting: YES we sometimes hunt at night. Variety of reasons: Cooler, job, family, and site preservation. There are plenty of nugget hunters that would love to know where we are hunting so no need to advertise.

This is my 3rd bigger nugget: 1 oz, 1.5 oz and 2.5 oz. (1 oz did not make banner):dontknow: Mark dug a 3 3/4 oz nugget that was a thrill to witness him dig!! That was a whopper!! (and is up top)

Thanks again

Ron (CA)

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How exciting is that? I would be so stoked also. Congratulations on the big gold nugget!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions