Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my new AT Pro yesterday, and after viewing the dvd and reading the booklet, I felt confident that I could find something today. Our town has a residents-only beach that I personally have not hunted in maybe 15 years. Since then, it appears that there is a lot of iron-colored runoff coming down out of the mountains, and flowing through the beach sand.

So I configured the ATP as best as I could remember (probably would do me good to watch the viddy again). Despite the rain, I came up with an old-school pull-tab, two lead sinkers, a south dakota quarter, and three stinkins!

Not too shabby for an hour in the pouring rain, and my first time detecting again for 12+ years or so! Feels good getting back into it! :hello2:

Upvote 8

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lots more to be found. Everything I read about the AT Pro tells me you've got a great machine in your hands. Now you just need to put the coil over some good targets.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yep, you are just getting wound up, got some serious detecting ahead of you!

joncooper1986

Jul 31, 2014
Westhampton, MA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 4.0 9" coil, 11" coil, WS4 w/ Detecting Doodads headphones, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Higgy, I know you were beach huntin', but what mode did you use? I just got mine this week and after reading the manual, i cant think of a use for "standard mode" over pro mode. Did you have iron audio on?

OP
OP
Higgy

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Higgy, I know you were beach huntin', but what mode did you use? I just got mine this week and after reading the manual, i cant think of a use for "standard mode" over pro mode. Did you have iron audio on?

I was pro mode with iron discrim set pretty high. I dropped th esensitivity and the seemed to help a lot too

treasurehunter313

Apr 29, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an AT pro and I love it. From what I hear it's not a good machine in salt water, but after you truly learn how to use it you will find a lot of things. I bought mine in May and put about 100 or more hours on it this summer and I feel very confident about using it. Any questions about it feel free to PM me! I'm no expert, but I have put many many hours and dug hundreds and hundreds of plugs this summer using it! I was the same as you I used to do it years ago and just back into it and I love it. Good luck!

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Higgy, I got my ATP recently and had decent luck with in the dry, damp, wet, and soaked sand.
My Settings: Pro, Iron Audio, Sens 6-7, Disc 35, set GB... Swing away.
Keep checking your GB when the sand changes. I go from a GB of 80-90 in the dry down to 10-13 submerged. Keep an eye on the GB and roll back the sens if you get falsies. The sens is the last thing I lower since it lowers your depth.

Hope this helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread