Greatday05

Mar 20, 2014
Pittsfield, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Coiltech 15", Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1006.JPG

These are over a few days. Two of the sterling silver rings I found today along with the 1962D Franklin half dollar and a 1945 Mercury dime at a coworkers house and his neighbors. This is great, his neighbor came over to see what was going on. I told her and asked for permission. She said no, but was interested in what I was doing. I showed her and told her about metal detecting. I walked five feet on to her yard and pulled out a mercury dime. I gave the dime to her. She was exited about it and gave me permission to detect in her yard. She had hoped I would be able to find a Swedish coin her daughter lost thirty years ago but unfortunately I had no luck. Sometimes being friendly pays off. With the Franklin half, my second this year, I now have 52 silver coins in my first year of detecting. I also have three silver rings in the last two days.

Upvote 9

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great story. Would have been sweet if you found that Swedish coin for her. Any plans on going back there? Congrats on the silver half as well. :thumbsup:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your hitting it out of the park there, must be nice! Silver is a bit scarce here i have found no silver quarters or halves yet this year.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Day indeed ! In my estimation the find of the day is that vintage turquoise and silver ring - looks to be circa 1940's ,
and I would confidently say Navajo made- likely New Mexico or Arizona - very nice find ! (any hallmarks inside the shank ?)

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome silver! congrats on all, and the rings are nice as well. and can't leave out ole Frank, he looks mighty fine as well

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs and thanks for those pictures

Top Member Reactions