Upvote 10

RiverRat

Jun 30, 2012
Clearlake, N. California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Garrett Pro Pointer,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WHOA!.....what a find!...did you use an md to find these or could you get them just by sight?...Thanks for sharing...
When I lived on a northern california river that rented many canoes, my son and friends used to dive down around the places where the canoes (piloted by mostly totally inexperienced boaters) would typically tip over...he found similar stuff...once he even found a whole wallet, driver's license and all, so we were able to return it to it's owner...
Congrats!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those clumsy kids with their cell phones and shades. :laughing7:
Bring back the old days when the kids did handstands in the water to impress their friends (while wearing their 18K necklaces and oversized rings). :icon_pirat:

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
v3i/ xl 6000 pro/AT pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those clumsy kids with their cell phones and shades. :laughing7:
Bring back the old days when the kids did handstands in the water to impress their friends (while wearing their 18K necklaces and oversized rings). :icon_pirat:
Love seeing them hand stands! :)

OP
OP
L

lurediver

Jun 12, 2009
Made a decent dive today. Ended up with 2 iPhone 5's, Samsung Galaxy 4, IPod, junkie cell phone, 17 pairs of shades(including oakleys), ladies watch, 5 1 dollar bills, car keys etc.

WHOA!.....what a find!...did you use an md to find these or could you get them just by sight?...Thanks for sharing...
When I lived on a northern california river that rented many canoes, my son and friends used to dive down around the places where the canoes (piloted by mostly totally inexperienced boaters) would typically tip over...he found similar stuff...once he even found a whole wallet, driver's license and all, so we were able to return it to it's owner...
Congrats!

Yes I'm in NorCal too, these were all eyeball finds at 20 ft depth. Believe it or not the phones can be dried out and sold for $100 each on EPay.

mnixon

Apr 2, 2010
Austin TX
Detector(s) used
White Eagle Spectrum, AT pro
it's just amazing what ppl will take in\near water and lose ... o wait , I seem to remember losing my car keys at a "tube shoot" and having to pay $80 for a locksmith ..... :laughing7:

RiverRat

Jun 30, 2012
Clearlake, N. California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Garrett Pro Pointer,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, Congrats!....I'm impressed...When I used to live on the Russian River, Johnson's Beach was always a favorite hunting ground...especially after events like the Jazz Festival....went out early the day after the Festival and was amazed to see at least 10 other Treasure Hunters....3 or 4 of them in the river ...one guy only had a mask, snorkels and an inner tube and he was scoring!...
Come to find out, most of serious hunters had been there at midnight the night before!...
I found some clad on the beach but nothing special...
Since you're going 20 feet down, I assume you're at a lake...to be willing to go that deep, and get equipment necessary to do so, deserves those great finds....Keep going!

mirage83

Dec 20, 2009
NW Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, XLT
Great weather around here for diving (hot and miserably humid), but the river level is pretty low for it. Thinking about hunting a couple of gravel-bars, but I don't expect to find the goodies you came up with.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs and thanks for those pictures

Top Member Reactions