CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After three hunts in this heat, have decided that having to pace ones self so that the sweat doesn't take over the face seriously cuts down on finds! Also need to invest in bigger towels to wipe my face and glasses with, not sure there is a big enough towel to keep up with all my sweat lol ! The "Stang" was about the last dug item, decided to call it quits after that find. It was full of grass roots but cleaned up nicely! Have seen others unearthed in much worse conditions. The plastic Football helm was an eyeballed find.

8_23_2014 Got the Stang.jpg

Thanks for checking out my sweat-soaked finds! Remember hydrate, hydrate, and re-hydrate !

Upvote 2

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! But, maybe, just maybe, a lil more information than I needed. LOL ;)

sailoffwithme

May 19, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, pro pointer, AT Gold, Vulcan pointer
NEL 15 inch coil amazing
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find the best way to do hot days is start early and drink tons of water and get use to the heat as the day goes on and do not eat more than a few bites of food at a time and never go to an air conditioned area half way through the day.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I gave up on wearing the glasses, so seeing the face of the detector is a little challenging but I can "see" well enough when I am on my knees looking into the hole. after I am through and have time to look at all my finds, I put my glasses on. my digging clothes have been washed so much, I am glad that my overalls are carharts.

Ed (Upstate NY)

Aug 19, 2007
New York's Capital Region
Detector(s) used
New for 2023 Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus. Minelab Explorers SE Pro & XS, Whites 6000 Di Pro, DFX & Beach Hunter, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On those hot humid days I try to get out early and quit about 11:00am. I can't wait for Fall ! Love the mustang, I have a full size 2007 !!!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very clean looking Mustang. My gal who is very talented has made coolies for myself, Smittyman, and Carolina Tom. If you don't know what they are I'll briefly try to explain. The ones she made for us have 3 chambers. The chambers have silica in them. You soak them in warm water and the silica absorbs the water. When they're all puffed up you stick them in the fridge. When you go out detecting you put them in your cooler on ice. As you start to get hot you take the coolie and tie it around your neck. As your blood flows through your carotid artery it gets cooled down a bit which in turn cools down your body a bit. I've been trying to talk her into making me a Yakama coolie to put under my hat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread