Did the best in my yard

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi All,

Went up to my wife's grandparents on Monday and headed back into the woods about 1/4 mile where her grandfather had a camp. All that is there now is a concrete foundation but I figured it would be a great place to search. I spent about 1 1/2 hours there and came up with 14 nails and a 30-30 shell, oh and a break drum from a old model T. I only dug the drum out enough to recognise what it was and then reburied it, I wasn't going to hump that out of the woods. I then hit the area around his barn, and found some old rusty chunks of metal. My wife and daughter were iching to head out so we got in the van and headed back to the house. I waited for my son to get home from school (he rides the bus). When he got home I had him change his clothes and we hit the front yard. I'm not sure what happened a number of years ago when the house was built (1973) but someone must have spilled a role of dimes because it seemed thats all we were digging. We also came away with 3 quarters, 7 pennies 2 nickels and about 13 dimes, oh and 6 pull tabs and the top to an old beer can. The total take was all clad with no good dates but we did add it to the detector fund which we take to the bank monthy and put it in a savings account for detector stuff only (my son gets a kick out of that). I would have posted pics but I'm certain that you all have seen a hand full of dirty clad before. All in All it was a good day!!

Upvote 0

Wolfbite

Jul 22, 2006
Walnut Cove NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Good job.Its allways nice to get out.Great having the family along.
Plus you got the detecting fund going.HH Wolfbite

dr-quest

Feb 25, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold, Whites XLT,Tesoro Stingray ll,Whites Surfmaster ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You gotta love your own yard.Exclusive rights and you can dig it all over time.Love the fund idea,hope you get enough for another detector. ;)
WTG & HH :D

Slabman

Jan 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT, Quattro, X-Terra, Sovreign, Whites Goldmaster
You turned that brake drum into a Leaverite... Leaverite where you found it!!
:D HH Slabman

cuddles17981

Oct 3, 2005
Schuylkill County,PA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garrett 250, Bounty Hunter
dr-quest said:
You gotta love your own yard.Exclusive rights and you can dig it all over time.Love the fund idea,hope you get enough for another detector. ;)
Yup,and when your done with your own yard you hit your family's yard and that of your inlaws(Mother,Father,Brother,Sister..you get the idea.. :P)They all know I just started taking this up just a little over a year ago,I just smile,and wave,"don't worry,I know what I'm doing.." ;D ;)gonna hit up the friends next... 8)Tehe..
WTG & HH :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread