Question! Any lawyers out there who detect?

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
How about it? Cheese just had an interesting post about a lawyer turning a senior citizen against his hunting her property for no good reason. I have a neighbor down the street who has a small one room house that they built & lived in in the late 30's to early 50's then built a new home behind it. It is a virgin site. The husband told me to knock myself out when I asked permission. I happened to mention it to his wife at the post office & she said. No way! She wants to get a machine & hunt it with her grandkids. I said fine! I respect that, but I know it will never happen in this case.

Lawyers, spouses, absentee property owners, archies. There are a lot of road blocks out there.
Back to the original question. Any lawyers detecting? If so, how about voicing an opinion?
Spotz

Upvote 0

varmint

Jan 23, 2005
Lawrenceville, GA
Re: spotz, I guess the answer is...

why bother swinging a detector when each and every client is not just a potential gold coin, but an entire MINE!

::)

DAS

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Probably not going to get any attorney responses here Spotz. I just went through a rather ugly divorce and I know first hand attorneys have a much more effective tool for monetary aquisition. It's a huge vacuum-like device that automatically moves from your pockets, to your check book, then to your personal and business accounts and finally automatically liquidates all your real assets.....All without that annoying "down on one knee digging" that's required with an MD. Now you know why I'm out here scrounging up lost pennies! ;D ~CO2

OP
OP
spotz

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
CO2 I really feel for you. Sorry man! I've been close a couple of times but 10th of March will make 32 years of the same woman. Today is her birthday. Got her a nice Mandolin. She is musically inclined & plays gituar & banjo, blue grass & western stuff. I get along with her music friends & I sing some with them occasionally.( I don't play anything but a radio & my DFX) Since I can't get her to hunt with me, I encourage her to jam with her friends & she doesn't complain when I get out to detect.Works out ok. I try to avoid any serious business relationships with lawyers, though I know several well from my LE days & have two in the family.
All we can say is " DETECT ON MY FRIENDS". Best! Spotz

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Not sure anyone wants to own up to being a lawyer anyway, lol! Joking.

I hate it when someone turns down permission to hunt on a site for the reason that they might want to hunt it. (when you know it won't ever happen). I'm finding out that it takes experience to really hunt an area anyway, and how many people are going to actually get a real machine and then take the time and put in the required hours to learn to use their machine properly and hunt the area? Yeah, they can get a low end machine and read the manual and go out and find stuff, but are they even going to do that? Probably not in most cases.

I guess some people would rather let it sit in the dirt and corrode away to nothing or get built over rather than let someone actually enjoy it. Thankfully, I don't think most people are like that. Man, even though I detect, I'd even let someone else detect my yard if they wanted. I'm not worried about what they might find. If they did find anything, I'd be excited for them. (if there was anything I lost in the yard and wanted, I'd tell them about it, otherwise they could keep what they found).

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Hey Spotz. Didn't mean to call down any distinguished practitioners. :-X All in fun you know. I fully accept my path through life on a day to day basis. No one chooses my direction nor it's consequences but me. Apologies to your loved ones~CO2

OP
OP
spotz

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Hey C02! What I meant was, just a few wrong words at the wrong time & we would BOTH be wearing the same boots. Keep diggin. Spotz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread