Some silver and and Wheats from my last two hunts

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last week I was in Nashville TN, visiting my brother. It was a very fast visit and I literally only had a two hour window to hunt. He has friend that has a 1920s house close to town and we obtained permission to hunt. The yard was maybe 35 x 25 feet. I allowed my brother to hunt using the Deus after a quick lesson and I used the CTX, but I had really crappy headphones, so it took me the first 30 minutes to even realize what I was trying to listen for. This is probably the most wheats I found in such as small place at one time. My brother found two more.

I tried to search the back, but the mosquito were giving me a run and there was a lot of dog crap, so I just skimmed it real quickly.

The dates ranged from 1918-1957. The ground was amazingly good to them. The soil must have been very mild compared to the dirt in my parts where I have dug hundreds of wheats:

20140827_123756.jpg

I also found this small silver Claddagh ring in the front yard and the junk lady bug ring in the back:

20140817_160915.jpg 20140821_144256.jpg

Do you ever not find a whole lot at a site the first time and then just have a feeling there is more there, and then it produces? This is the case here at this site where I found the silver dimes. I just wished I would have one "epic" hunt instead of all these "onesies" on the finds.

]I went back to a place where I had found the V nickel and some older Jefferson nickels. There was an old house there that was plowed over and so the ground was built up a little. The Mercury dime was in a previous post that I had made but the Barber dime was a new find which gave a strong signal within 8" of the sidewalk. Both dimes were about 8" deep because of the fill.

20140827_123550.jpg

That is about everything that I have found lately that is worth mentioning.

Last edited:
Upvote 5

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm working on a vacuum attachment for my detector. For those hunts where we only have a short time in a messy place to find gold. It'll avoid all that bending over. LOL

Nice!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds Pointman. Have not seen you on in a while. Glad you are back. GL&HH.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being relatively new to the hobby I still very much like finding the wheat pennies. Of course the mercs get my blood pumping a lot more. Very nice finds.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
really nice, taking advantage of the time was well spent. gotta love it

OP
OP
Pointman

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds Pointman. Have not seen you on in a while. Glad you are back. GL&HH.

Thanks. I look forward to seeing your posts as well. Nashville is a rocking place. I can see why there are a lot of people detecting in that town.

I only like posting my pretty good finds, but lately I have to weigh 95 degree weather or a couple of wheat pennies. I found a compromise by detecting before 9 am, but only for a short while after I take my kiddos to school.

OP
OP
Pointman

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being relatively new to the hobby I still very much like finding the wheat pennies. Of course the mercs get my blood pumping a lot more. Very nice finds.

If your on the wheats, then you are on the mercs. Swing slowly, thoroughly and listen!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread