And thats how the elephant got his trunk

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And that's how the elephant got his trunk

Hi everyone, I hope your all surviving the heat, and are having a great week! It's been hot here, and kinda hard to deal with sometimes as we don't have air-conditioning, but that's ok, you know in a couple of months we will be complaining it's too cold, so we might as well enjoy it while we can.
cool.gif

On Friday, Chug was walking the grounds where he works at, picking up trash and cigarette butts, when he saw something shiny on the ground. He almost started dancing when he picked it up! Best weekend ever 010.JPG Best weekend ever 011.JPG yep, he struck gold, with diamonds and a amethyst!!
hello2.gif
headbang.gif
It looks like it was an earring, it will make a pretty necklace when I get an idea.
laughing7.gif

Saturday started cool, and we headed to one of our favorite beaches along the river, we both found plenty of the usual, broken glass, nails, tabs and so on. Chug found some clad, and he got to say those words we all love to hear, "Ring in the scoop!" Best weekend ever 009.JPG it's silver, home-made and just fits my pinkie, Chug showed me the ring, and the next thing you know, the ring just slipped onto my finger, Chug laughed and said " I knew that was going to happen, it's yours now, right?" Well, yea, if it fits, it's mine! LOL plus it's so cute! We are amazed it didn't fall through the holes in Chug's scoop. Chug also earned another wing, it will make a pretty necklace. Best weekend ever 013.JPG we both spotted this one, Best weekend ever 039.JPG half buried in the wet sand, and not far from the car, I made a new friend, and Chug got hungry for bacon.
tongue3.gif
Best weekend ever 041.JPG Best weekend ever 044.JPG Best weekend ever 043.JPG Best weekend ever 046.JPG Best weekend ever 047.JPG Meet Chompy, he was hungry, so Chug didn't get his bacon, :sad10: that's ok though, he did get some Sunday morning.
On Sunday, we took the kids up to our landladies house so Chug could help her around her house. Now this is where it gets good, we got there in the morning, and she suggested we detect her property. Now, her house was built in 1939, and it was a farm house. She and her husband bought it in 1950, with some land next to it. There is approximately an acre of land, and the best part is there used to be a homestead, with an outhouse, barn and trash heap! She showed us about where the cabin used to sit, and she showed us where the outhouse was too, but we couldn't get close to it due to stickers, weeds and long grass, plus we didn't have the right clothing on.
We decided to just roam and see what we find, this is virgin, never been hunted land!
hello2.gif
Chug found the first relic, this beautiful buckle in wonderful condition! Best weekend ever 001.JPG Best weekend ever 002.JPG He was so happy, and I was thrilled. We did find can slaw and nails, a few are square, which we prefer to the rusted nasty stuff that is newer. I scored with this canning lid from about the 40's, Best weekend ever 029.JPG Best weekend ever 032.JPG we didn't know they made any like this one! Chug's next find took him a bit, we were digging really dry land, so we were being really careful to make sure our plugs were filled in and pretty when we were done. Best weekend ever 022.JPG Best weekend ever 023.JPG see what I mean, he was being really careful, after finding this seat, we were really excited to see what else there is! Chug got this one, the most complete of all he has found, from the 1880's, Best weekend ever 024.JPG Best weekend ever 025.JPG Best weekend ever 026.JPG This is one of my favorite lids, can you imagine using this? I rounded out the canning lids with this one, Best weekend ever 027.JPG Best weekend ever 028.JPG Not bad, huh?! My biggest for the day was part of an old hoe. Best weekend ever 021.JPG Now we know this was a working farm, so next time we go up, we are taking extra clothes, batteries for the camera, and something to cut the sticker bushes and long grass. We both saw Gardner snakes, I wanted to bring one home but couldn't catch one, they are fast little guys! LOL
We ended the day helping her, I got a neat little box from her, full of old jewelry and beads, I am going to be very busy for awhile! Best weekend ever 049.JPG ok, I have to jump into the past for a minute, a few years ago, Chug was cleaning out an apartment, and in some of the stuff, he finds this gorgeous arm cuff. Best weekend ever 018.JPG Best weekend ever 019.JPG as you can see, he is missing his trunk! Chug hoped to find it, but never did, we enjoy him anyway, he is beautiful! Anyway, in this box of jewelry, I found this, and just about wet myself when I realized what I was seeing! Best weekend ever 015.JPG Best weekend ever 014.JPG we couldn't believe it, how often does something like this happen, especially to us! The best part, is now, after some minor surgery, He now is able to smell and feed himself! LOL Best weekend ever 068.JPG I know, silly, but I'm happy, 5 days of detecting and time with my best friend! now he is really beautiful! :occasion14: And that is how the elephant got his trunk! You can't make these things up.
And finally, remember the locket Chug found? Well, it has a new home. Best weekend ever 060.JPG Best weekend ever 059.JPG I kept it simple, it has green pearls, black beads, gold beads and part of a gold hoop earring, and the cameo.
I hope you all enjoyed reading this, it was fun to write. Chug has the next 5 days off, so you know what we are doing. Beach hunting, then we are going back up to our landladies house either Saturday or Sunday, to help her, and do some relic hunting. Take care and stay safe, and we hope you find lots of great stuff! Red and Chug :hello: :hello:

Last edited:
Upvote 4

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great post and incredible about the trunk! You guys always have so much fun and it comes through in your posts. Keep em coming they brighten my day :-)

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OMG , I just read the post and then saw the Elephant All Fixed Like He was new!! I never thought he would ever have a trunk again Until I read the Post Red didn't even tell me She Fixed it Yet, IT IS BEAUTUFUL!!! CHUG

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys good to see you posting and great story on the Elephant thingy too !! Heats been bad out here, have had to shorten my hunts a lots and I seldom have time to hunt for a long time anyways lol !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread