🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out today with olddude and vino today to center city Philadelphia, and another spot of his, these places are beautiful, lots of targets as you can see from the pics. Old Dude had a great day, his thread is up, vino of course made a killer exit find but ill let him tell his story, anyhow I got some nice finds today, I believe I have my oldest coin to date, I can see the bust of what looks like a KG, but I have no idea what variety and I am very guilty of the cardinal sin of metal detecting, I got super aggressive with a 400 grit sandpaper on the back of it because it was way way toasted and I thought I might pull some definition, It was way toasted before I even touched it! oh well I can at least see the bust on front lol!! im not counting this as my oldest because of how destroyed it is! plus 2 large cents, a couple round balls and some buckshot, 3 wheats, a fake junk ring, and a ton of clad, and 2 nice flat buttons plus........... 20140827_162638.jpg
BAM check out that amazing buckle!!, this thing is heavy and in terrific shape!

20140827_200326.jpg 20140827_185427.jpg 20140827_200343.jpg 20140827_185538.jpg 20140827_185527.jpg 20140827_192338.jpg 20140827_192350.jpg

all in all a great day in great company, thanks
again for inviting us HillBillies down vino!! :laughing7:

Upvote 15

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff buddy! I told you you would have a killer day. Did that buckle come out of the ground that way? It's a strange patina but a gorgeous early style of shoe buckle. Like possibly late late 1600s to very early 1700s. I LOVE shoe buckles

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gorgeous shoe buckle!! Awesome hunt dude!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff buddy! I told you you would have a killer day. Did that buckle come out of the ground that way? It's a strange patina but a gorgeous early style of shoe buckle. Like possibly late late 1600s to very early 1700s. I LOVE shoe buckles

thanks abe, the first pic is pretty much how it came out, all I did is wipe it with my sweaty shirt at the site lol, this buckle is ridiculously well built, unlike any ive ever dug or seen, it hinges in two different places, im HOPING its legit

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks abe, the first pic is pretty much how it came out, all I did is wipe it with my sweaty shirt at the site lol, this buckle is ridiculously well built, unlike any ive ever dug or seen, it hinges in two different places, im HOPING its legit
If it is it's one of the nicest I've seen. I'm just surprised by the patina but things come out looking different all the time. There's so many factors that go into it. As I said it's a very early style and will look awesome in a display. Must have been a very fun day for you boys.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it looks like it was silver plated at one point??
and I agree the patina is very weird, kinda shiny

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandpaper ?
Man I thought I was bad, your choke must be stuck wide open?
Congratulations, you got some cool finds, what is the one you didn't mention with the naked lady on it?

I just got back and still didn't eat supper, I'll check in later.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandpaper ?
Man I thought I was bad, your choke must be stuck wide open?
Congratulations, you got some cool finds, what is the one you didn't mention with the naked lady on it?

I just got back and still didn't eat supper, I'll check in later.
yeah I know, it was shot though, absolutely no hope of a date or definition for that matter
the naked lady thing is a token for a stripclub in NYC, cant be too old though

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
what a haul! knock out finds! must have been quite a hunt with those guys!

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt Chris...Well not bad for a red neck!! Lol...It was a lot of fun..Your a good hunter...And im glad you found some really cool stuff...That buckle is amazing. .
George

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt Chris...Well not bad for a red neck!! Lol...It was a lot of fun..Your a good hunter...And im glad you found some really cool stuff...That buckle is amazing. .
George

a redneck with a "toy" machine! lol thanks for the compliments,
and a huge thanks for inviting us down
I gotta get on a historic site up north and get ya to come up
by the way, im not upset at the sad state of my supposed KG,
it was shot beyond recognition

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That buckle is awesome! :headbang: The copper looks like a KGII head but I cant be sure. Can't really see too much on it.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, I like the old buckle.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That buckle is awesome! :headbang: The copper looks like a KGII head but I cant be sure. Can't really see too much on it.

thanks EVO, I don't even care about the KG after pulling that buckle, it was so badly toasted so I experimented lol

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That buckle is so awesome , I'd probably find a way to wear it ! Buy some cool boots and strap it on one of them !!!!!!!!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That buckle is so awesome , I'd probably find a way to wear it ! Buy some cool boots and strap it on one of them !!!!!!!!

thanks argentium!, I really like this one, I like it enough to make me forget about my crappy kg that I destroyed in an attempt to pull detail lol

in all seriousness id rather find that then the KG!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In all seriousness that's one of the older cooler shoe buckles I've seen! And I've seen a few early ones. I actually found part of a pewter shoe buckle awhile back. Can't wait til fall to hit some of these sites that have been too damn thick to hunt. I might have to take a month off come October :-)
In case you haven't seen it there's a free downloadable pdf buckle reference online by a guy named Whitehead. If you punch in his name and buckle reference it should pop up and it is awesome. Great pics and great information

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image-1280992650.jpg

image-1245209726.jpg

image-2349852962.jpg

Just a couple of pages from this great reference

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ain't that fun! Nice trip, camaraderie, AND on top of all that some wonderful finds and a busy day full of targets. WTG!

Don't fret about the 400 grit, that's smaller grit than you usually use when you rub your coins in the field. ;)

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
The neckerchief slide is awesome. it looks like it is from some sort of youth organization. Does it have any hallmarks on it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions