Old Russian Pins in a free box on side of road

AwakenYouthful

Aug 31, 2014
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i pulled a Uturn on my way to the farmers market this morning to pick up a labelled free box at the end of someones driveway. There was various junk inside, hangers, tupperware, and a ziplock bag with these pins and an old russian towel.

It was a random find for what else was with it in the box.

This worth anything for selling? I'm curious about the pins history and story if anyone knows something.

Thanks. :)

photo (1).JPG 1.JPG 2.JPG

Attachments

• photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    993.9 KB · Views: 227
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 160
Upvote 10

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Wow! :hello2: I don't know anything about their history, but these enameled pins look really classy!:hello2: Seems someone wanted to give away their collection, & I'm so glad they didn't instead throw it in the dump. If nobody here comes up with specific suggestions as to value or how to research them, you could surf the web or e-Bay for something similar. And -- welcome to t-net! Andi

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is way cool! Both my daughters are adopted from Russia and I've been there 4 times. I recognized one of the airplane pins. The one farthest to the left in the 3rd picture is a Tuplolov 154. http://www.flugzeug-bild.de/1024/aeroflot-ra85668-tupolev-tu-154-m-15672.jpg Here's a picture of a newer TU-154M. I flew in a very old one while in Russia. Instead of luggage compartments they had a rack above with a bungee cord like an old bus, no joke. These pins probably have some value and I might be interest in buying them, but I have no clue what they are worth. Really cool pick from the side of the road.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know nothing about them but I'll give you $50 for them. Congrats, nice find.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow , that's a nice collection - gotta be some collectors out there who can help you with value - great score !

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice free pickup

OP
OP
AwakenYouthful

AwakenYouthful

Aug 31, 2014
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are definitely some very attractive pins. Thanks for the offers. I haven't begun selling any of my findings yet, totally new to all of this. This is actually the first weekend I went out to sales and searching around. So I definitely had some friendly "beginners luck". I'm going to resurrect my ebay account and list my things later this week, possibly. So PM me beez or anyone serious about them and I will link you when I get around to posting them. $50 sounds great but I want to get a little more information about them before I make a quick grab.

Thanks everyone for kind words. :)

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet pick up. Anytime I go past yard sale leftovers I always take a peek. Snagged a Kenmore window air conditioner last week. Great save from the dump!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
They are definitely some very attractive pins. Thanks for the offers. I haven't begun selling any of my findings yet, totally new to all of this. This is actually the first weekend I went out to sales and searching around. So I definitely had some friendly "beginners luck". I'm going to resurrect my ebay account and list my things later this week, possibly. So PM me beez or anyone serious about them and I will link you when I get around to posting them. $50 sounds great but I want to get a little more information about them before I make a quick grab. Thanks everyone for kind words. :)

Yep! Absolutely go slow and take your time. I'd say you could fetch far more than $50 - believe in it! And, if you don't need the money, don't sell them for a while - they're yours, you have all the time in the world.

gabberbob

Oct 15, 2012
Ryazan City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the majority of these badges and a little from them represent a great interest. More than a half of them aren't interesting to the Russian collectors, but can be interesting to the American collectors.

It is a lot of badges with names of the Russian, Belarusian and Ukrainian cities: Minsk, Brest, Kiev, Odessa, Vitebsk.

There are the anniversary badges made for the well-known event or a holiday.

some sports badges. Esti badges of the pioneer organization and and Communist party of the USSR.

Military badges. Army cockardes of military headdresses, badges of military sporting achievements.

Badges put on a calendar with advertizing of 1989 the Inscription of "Electronica".

gabberbob

Oct 15, 2012
Ryazan City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If information on any badge is interesting to you, I can give it.

gabberbob

Oct 15, 2012
Ryazan City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Due to the present political events, the badge with the name of the city of Kiev can have uncertain cost. :)))

gabberbob

Oct 15, 2012
Ryazan City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ask to take pictures in a macro mode outdoor at a daylight. In situation: from above.
I will be able to consider in more detail badges and to receive more information on each of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions