Went out early this morning and found 2 1700s coins.

glassrelics

Oct 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Went out early this morning and found 2 1700's coins.

I got back out this morning for a few hours. Went to the same place I have been detecting for the last couple weeks. First good hit was a very badly deteriorated Mass copper (at least that's what I think). They use fertilizer here so I was not surprised. After several junk targets I dug this 1787 2 reale. I was pretty happy as I have not found one of these in 10 years. I'm actually thinking about buying a new detector for next year. I forgot how much I loved finding these old coins and relics. I also found a nice crotel bell but did not take a picture. Have a good day.

Attachments

• image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 102
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    48.8 KB · Views: 95
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    45.6 KB · Views: 105
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 4

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice digs man..

I will say this your finds are suspicious seeing how clean your coins are and the pile of dirt looks patted down and a seam on the Reale..

~Blaze

OP
OP
glassrelics

glassrelics

Oct 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Nice digs man..

I will say this your finds are suspicious seeing how clean your coins are and the pile of dirt looks patted down and a seam on the Reale..

~Blaze

I was surprised to see the reale come up in such good shape as well. I can tell you it is what it is. I have no reason to "fake" a find. I do this for fun. That's it.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome coins! Now that's "old silver"! Congrats!

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
I was surprised to see the reale come up in such good shape as well. I can tell you it is what it is. I have no reason to "fake" a find. I do this for fun. That's it.

Just saying man..Your hands look like they are ready for the operating room and that copper does not have a speck of dirt on it..Cleanest coins taken upon diggin i have ever seen..

~Blaze

OP
OP
glassrelics

glassrelics

Oct 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Just saying man..Your hands look like they are ready for the operating room and that copper does not have a speck of dirt on it..Cleanest coins taken upon diggin i have ever seen..

~Blaze

Are you some kind of metal detecting private eye? This is funny! I hunt on private property. I can wash my hands as much as I want. You should try it :) Seriously, there really wasn't a reason for you to be so rude when replying to my post. If you don't like something just don't respond. Be a grown up :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread