timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this Sunday, just found out its between 4000 to 7000 years old. Best find to date. And I thought 110 year old US coin was old. image.jpg

Upvote 12

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome find!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A great find there and the Safari would love that type of target for sure !! Finds like that make me want to detect up north more !!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The point is 4" long and 1" wide. I do believe it's considered a fishtail point and being only 4". This quote is from the Milwaukee Museum.

Flat-stemmed points, sometimes referred to as fishtail points because of the shape of their bases, show a large range of sizes. Less common than most projectile points, they may have functioned also as daggers or knives.

Also it's curve at the tip so it must of been used as a special knife in my opinion, I'll post the pick of the curve. It is not bent but made that way.

View attachment 1047014

Great find & congrats on a very old object, much older than any metal I have found; circa 2000BC.

I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that it wasn't bent after it was made? I have seen this type of thing on many ancient artefacts, specially if you have ever had ploughing, which would explain why this was in reach of your detector.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow great find, thanks for sharing that with us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread