NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went and checked out an abandoned house today that we'll be gutting and fixing before too long.... The place is still FULL of trash and I had a few minutes to poke around... Came up with a WW2 PAL fighting knife, and a cool old hand drill. A bit of saddle soap on the grip and wire wheel to the blade has the knife looking pretty good....The drill is marked "Goodell Pratt Tool Co. TOOLSMITHS Greenfield Mass USA Pat Mar 31 1896" It was seized up but a bit of WD 40 and a little work and it spins nice and freely now. The chuck was trashed but I think it was a replacement anyway, so now I'll have to keep an eye out for one more of the period to go back on it. I love old wood working tools like this but I have to say I'm glad to have power drills....

100_2681.JPG 100_2682.JPG 100_2683.JPG 100_2684.JPG 100_2686.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 3

mirage83

Dec 20, 2009
NW Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, XLT
Nice finds. I always like old tools and equipment, and the knife is a user with some history to it.

OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the knife is in really good shape. I managed to cut myself with it already putting an edge back on it too....

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a knife just like that when i was a kid. I forgot i had one until i seen your pic. Now i am wondering whatever happen to it.Thanks for pic. Nice finds

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a nice push drill! Looks like that company was around from 1888-1931, when they were finally purchased by Millers Falls.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice, both were great finds

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great find, it is really nice looking. I love old hand tools, just thinking about who used them and all the things that were built with them. Glad you got it working again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread