Went fishing caught this....flying eagle

Gi_Jungle

Aug 17, 2012
Glenville,NY
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites Spectrum XLT, Pro Pointer
My brother and I went to our personal secret fishing spot along the Mohawk River in upstate. We are right alongside the old Erie Canal. It rained last night so the area got some water and trails washed out a bit. As I was walking down the steep trail to our spot I noticed a coin laying on top of the soil in the middle of the trail. Picked it up and to my surprise a flying eagle.

Will return but without a detector as the area is within a historical district and I do not know the laws concerning historical districts, and do not want to try my luck even though it's in the woods a bit, I'll look into it.

Attachments

• image-1684820481.jpg
    image-1684820481.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 169
  • image-4274062525.jpg
    image-4274062525.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 11
OP
OP
Gi_Jungle

Gi_Jungle

Aug 17, 2012
Glenville,NY
Detector(s) used
Nothing huge some small bass and my brothers lady caught panfish after panfish the entire time...I refuse to use live bait, you can get a kid to eat cake no problem, but getting a kid to eat a piece of plastic that looks like cake takes a little bit more skill

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master gt..ace 250&350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing huge some small bass and my brothers lady caught panfish after panfish the entire time...I refuse to use live bait, you can get a kid to eat cake no problem, but getting a kid to eat a piece of plastic that looks like cake takes a little bit more skill

I totally agree especially when it comes to freshwater, however with saltwater the snottier and nastier the better..I didn't want to jack your thread, I found a seated liberty like that albeit on low tide just sitting on a rock nice find though..The md 'ing gods are in your favor. .
Yummy!
bloodworm.jpg
clambait.jpg

Last edited:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree that using artificial makes more sport,"but the kid might not eat at all!'I love to take a few dozen minnows and catch a mess of fish!Personally, I like to eat them as much as I like to catch them.But you are right, it is much funner catching them with your own skill.good eye on the eagle,I can't seem to even detect one.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What year is it? 1856-1857 or 1858....

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find!! and to think, all this time, I have been using a metal detector. lol

OP
OP
Gi_Jungle

Gi_Jungle

Aug 17, 2012
Glenville,NY
Detector(s) used
No idea the buildup is right on that portion of the year, I wish it was a 6 but my guess is its a 7

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions