Labor day brings Ring Number 11.........

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I decided to hunt a nearby High School that I've never really spent any significant time at.

It was HOT as HECK today but I was having a good time digging the usual clad and more trash than I care to mention. I lost some time when I got cornered into a game of twenty questions about metal detecting with two of the nerdiest dudes I've ever seen in my entire life but other than that, it was quite peaceful. Gotta' play nice and keep the people in the communities on our side right??

So anyway, I got back to swinging and got a nice high, clear signal next to the pole vaulting bars and when I lifted the plug, I saw something shiny, silver and round.......

Ring Number 11 labor Day 2014 001.JPG Ring Number 11 labor Day 2014 002.JPG

There are no markings but I'm almost certain it's made out of genuine, high quality steel and real glass. Oh well, we can't always strike gold (or silver, or platinum,).

It's still a ring. Whenever I dig a ring it makes me feel like I'm doin' okay for some reason.

I'm still getting over being sick and I definitely stayed out in the sun WAY longer than I should have.
It REALLY wiped me out but any time I can up my ring count it's worth whatever suffering I must endure. I'm in the AC now chilling; literally.

That's it. No point posting the clad and trash.

Oh, the bottom ring is ring # 10 from a while back. It's a great ring stand for shooting pics. That one is genuine imitation tin I think. I found that one at a school as well next to a basketball court amongst the pull tabs and bottle caps..

I think I need to hit some schools in more affluent areas. Maybe the pickin's will be a bit better. But, I'm happy with this one for today. I've been in a jewelry drought for a while and now it's been broken.

Thanks for lookin' and Happy Hunting.

Last edited:
Upvote 5

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet rings !

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the ring count boost !!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Test it anyway you never know!

I didn't score any rings this weekend. Your right you feel better when you score a ring. We both need to go detecting "up town"!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
don't you love those genuine imitation things? somebody must, they lost it and you found it... those things go into my give away pile. still a ring find and congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread