Plat maps?

kimonswanson643

Jul 29, 2013
I have been using sand born maps for most of my research. I have a problem with them they only show places in the city limits which is not really were I like to hunt. I would rather find places in the suburbs and farms but they are not in the sand born maps. We're could I find a place with maps of every were not just city limits. I have heard of the plat maps but all I can find is maps of today not older maps. Any ideas would be appreciated if it helps I live in Knoxville TN

Upvote 0

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the historic aerials maps sometimes but they only show elevations and dots for houses when you get back aways. There's a geneology site that my mom uses that has some pretty nice maps but I'm pretty sure that is a Maine government site and I'm not sure if other states have the same. But it might have been on geneology.net
Sorry if all I've done is confuse you. :-) I will get online and find the sites I use and get back to you. Some of the most incredible maps I have found have been while digging thru stuff at the library in the local history area

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread