Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
This banner find leaves a lot to be desired after reading the op's two posts here that obviously aren't up to par when it comes to believability- http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/426036-grandpa-gave-me-these.html http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/412491-bought-backpack-found-something-else.html Just saying.....

That's funny - the serial numbers from the backpack and grandpa are the same. Lol.

-Happy Hunting!

Ronson

Jul 17, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take that back, I wouldn't regret it, Because I would have taken the pics,
no matter what condition the sack was in. it was part of the find

Didn't the OP say he was a 21-year-old college kid?

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt... I've been curious all my life, but when I was a 21-year-old college kid, I can't say for certain that I would've taken a pic of a rotted sack.

I would've busied myself in moseying on over to the girls' dorm to show off my sword. :laughing7:

(See what I did there? Yeah, I'm a writer. Sue me.)

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok everyone first off, Id like to apologize for two reasons. I go to school and work 7 days of the week so sorry for not being active...Haven't had anytime for anything to be honest. I see a bunch of you really want to see the sack but I'm sorry to inform you but it's long gone. It was super muddy, sticky, and completely falling apart by just touching it. I did my best to clean it and check for any info as some of you recommend, but I had no where to keep that nasty thing. Living with my parents they didn't want it inside, and living in an apartment there was no where to keep it. My personal opinion though, I think it was buried like 30 years ago or something. I found it next to some abandoned houses in the
woods that have been there since I was a baby (currently 21). Sorry for not being around, but some of you guys are a little harsh!!! :( :( :(

I regret even posting this find...

First off thanks for Replying...

I find your 30 year Guess believable.
That would have been around 1984.
? Were the homes abandoned in the early 1990's
? What is your def, of Wood's
? When Do you think the abandon houses were built.

In your orig, post it sounded like you found it in the middle of No-where.

Anyway
Nice Sword.

Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Board Today Soooo..

I been doing some Detective Work.

I agree OP your last 2 posts DON'T make you look Good.

It seem's 'most' of your previous posts were pic Heavy ie, wanting to know about Bullets & shell Casings & such ; that's why I wonder about ' no pic's of the sack' or even more of the Sword :icon_scratch:.

I seriously feel bad about You getting "Jacked" for your Detector & other Stuff.
&
Hope R.Dannesk Got an Honorable Mention for His Kindness :thumbsup:

I suppose that's all .

Good Luck

Davers....:thumbsup:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its finds like these that inspire us to dig for treasures. Some day my relic will appear when I least expect it. (I wish it would hurry up! ). Again cool find !

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread has been closed due to Accusations
and the OP's request for thread deletion because of PM attacks.

We do not delete Bannered Threads unless the OP is banned for Lying.

Occasionally a member may have doubts about the authenticity of an item posted by another member. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

1. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible, regardless of proof, to state or suggest in an open forum that another member's find may not be genuine— unless, of course, he has raised that possibility himself, or there is an obvious issue that cannot be disputed or ignored (for example, if the word "COPY" is clearly stamped on a coin).

2. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible to suggest that a member may not actually have found the item which he has posted as a find.

3. Members are free to express such opinions to one another in private messages, but should NOT continue to do so if those messages are unwelcome. the OP has stated PM's are NOT Welcome

4. Do NOT report doubts, suspicions, possibilities, or rumors to moderators or the administrator. Any formal report or complaint should be accompanied by full and absolute proof from independent, authoritative sources that the item is not, and cannot be, genuine.

Failure to follow these guidelines may result in censure, loss of privileges &/or access to certain forums, or outright banning from TreasureNet.

All finds posted are presumed to be genuine, and those who post them are to be respected

TreasureNet - Real Or Fake?

Since the OP no longer wishes to discuss this find :(
it is also against the Rules to start another thread to discuss this situation.

Please Respect our Decision
Jeff

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It also violates TN rules to contact members via PM for the sole purpose of attacking or insulting member.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread