Didnt find it in the dirt but its still AWESOME!!

lespaul337

Jan 17, 2014
Lake Charles
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Waterproof Pro Pointer, MineLab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Didn't find it in the dirt but its still AWESOME!!

Like most of you I am the guy at work that goes through everyones change and asks co workers if they have any old coins I can look at or maybe buy... Well tonight I had my biggest pay off ever doing this and I am still in shock. A guy I work with brought in a can full of random older coins, a few mercs, Wheaties and Indian heads that were given to him by relatives when he was a kid.. He was excited to show me the beat up Morgan and silver dimes. After I looked through those really not finding anything worth more than spot silver, he said I could look through the pennies if I was interested.. I started going through the handful of random Wheaties and Indians when I saw a 1909 Indian, I turned it over and almost fell on the floor, there it was an S. That's right a 1909S Indian Head in pretty darn good shape only 307,000 made!!!!.. I showed him what it was worth and asked him if he would take $200 for it... He very quickly accepted.. I know I could have gotten it way cheaper but he is my friend so I wanted to be fair.
It seems to have a small stain or ink on the side but other than that the condition seems pretty good to me.. Should I get it graded? slabbed? any ideas what kind of grade it would be? Thanks everyone for reading.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 161
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 2

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts