Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My afterwork hunt today ! I did not even bring my bottle probe with me this evening as I was just going to do a little swinging ! Right off the bat I hit some good deep pail signals and that was the end of my detecting . I had found another pit ! Again not as old as I would like but I cannot pass up a bottle in the hand versus a coin in the bush ! It seems I hit a bit of a canning jar throw out spot ! a lot of broken mason jars ! I saved a lot of glass covers and I managed to dig the. What I am calling the martian style glass lid bail seal pint canning jar . I have never unearthed or even seen one of this style before :icon_scratch::icon_scratch: The only embossing on the lid is PATENTED with a capital R underneath it . The bottom of the jar just has the number 5 on it . Probably cleaning bottles tomorrow night ! I just might take a shot or two of the real old time MOXIE that is still in the bottle ! Thanks for looking and happy traesure Hunting to all ! MaineRelic

Attachments

• IMG_4485-001.JPG
    IMG_4485-001.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_4486-001.JPG
    IMG_4486-001.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_4488-001.JPG
    IMG_4488-001.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 14

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Nothing beats an old bottle dump. You never know what you're going to dig up next!

I've got to agree on those mason jar lids. I've never dug one up that looked anything like those lids.

Moxie bottle is very cool. I still drink Moxie once in awhile. Very unique tasting soft drink!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you found a rare one! Congrats!
Nice bottle digs and you didn't even have your probe!
Hope you get back there soon

Sobo

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Ctx 3030, Omega 8500, AT Pro, Ace 150, Explorer XS, Explorer SE / Sunray Probe, Bounter Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds, really love that Moxie bottle. I know a huge bottle dump close to me, maybe I'll take a day off from detecting and dig through it a bit lol.

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id be watching for beer cans in those 1930s pit dumps - some of those can be worth a lot...even half rusted out (and usually you can soak a lot of the rust off....)

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thanks for sharing, I need to dig some bottles. I have to take my probe out to where I was yesterday at that cellar hole.

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the Moxie bottle. Dave Bowers actually wrote a book about moxie not too many years ago.

MOXIE%20-%20The%20Moxie%20Encyclopedia%20Q.%20David%20Bowers.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread