VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
With a cool front coming through yesterday, it was a pleasant 60 degrees in Tennessee this morning and didn’t get above 65 deg. during our 3.5 hour hunt at a Gen. John Hunt Morgan C.S.A. Cavalry picket post hunt on what we call “Horseshoe Hill” with Tenn. Josh. In early 1863, Morgan’s scouts had several skirmishes with the 7[SUP]th[/SUP] PA Cavalry in this area. The C.S.A. picket post was on a high hill where Confederates had a good view of two CW period roads.
Josh has hunted this site extensively but this was only my second trip to the site. He has dug several bullets and balls there plus a really nice 1848 silver half dollar, floral button, and many other relics there. I dug a .54 cal. Enfield bullet that looks like a M & M #222 variant & I don’t recall having dug one before. We both had many iron relics including several whole horseshoes. The terrain is hilly & rocky so no crops have likely ever been grown there. The number of horseshoes dug there are definitely too many horseshoes for a farm. I dug the copper colored button top with concentric circles (looked like a shotgun brass at first). Josh spied the 4 leaf clover but didn’t disturb it as to not the jinx the fall Trio hunts.
You will note Josh’s daughter (Boo) holding the cow tag & chain. I held the chain out of sight and told Josh it was a CS oval plate but he was skeptical-LOL. We have several new promising sites to check and hunt so stay tuned. Not much this morning but fun to begin the fall hunting season at a C.S.A. site. HH from Josh & Quindy.
Note-An article on our friend Coilygirl’s C.S.A. buckle will be published in W & E Treasures in the next few months. WTG again Nancy!!

Attachments

• DSCN1222.JPG
    DSCN1222.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 223
  • DSCN1224.JPG
    DSCN1224.JPG
    976.6 KB · Views: 201
  • DSCN1225.JPG
    DSCN1225.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCN1223.JPG
    DSCN1223.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 260
  • IMG_2111.jpg
    IMG_2111.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 177
Upvote 10

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana40 I saw your video with Quindy and the other Bama Babe,very nice! Don't you love relic hunting?
Girl! Yes, I do! Nothing like it. That CSA buckle is still on my wish list. That's an awesome find!
Quindy is a hoot, isn't he? I love being around him. He makes hunting a lot of fun.....and he has a wealth of knowledge on all those relics, of which I can always use....as you can see from the video. :laughing7:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Girl! Yes, I do! Nothing like it. That CSA buckle is still on my wish list. That's an awesome find!
Quindy is a hoot, isn't he? I love being around him. He makes hunting a lot of fun.....and he has a wealth of knowledge on all those relics, of which I can always use....as you can see from the video. :laughing7:
Hey,I'm a relative newbie too,it's just a matter of being at the right place at the right time. Hope you find one too. Yep Quindy is a hoot and a heckuva nice guy too. Oh believe you me, I'm no expert either. I'm always finding random stuff and willing it to be something good,lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions