VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
With a cool front coming through yesterday, it was a pleasant 60 degrees in Tennessee this morning and didn’t get above 65 deg. during our 3.5 hour hunt at a Gen. John Hunt Morgan C.S.A. Cavalry picket post hunt on what we call “Horseshoe Hill” with Tenn. Josh. In early 1863, Morgan’s scouts had several skirmishes with the 7[SUP]th[/SUP] PA Cavalry in this area. The C.S.A. picket post was on a high hill where Confederates had a good view of two CW period roads.
Josh has hunted this site extensively but this was only my second trip to the site. He has dug several bullets and balls there plus a really nice 1848 silver half dollar, floral button, and many other relics there. I dug a .54 cal. Enfield bullet that looks like a M & M #222 variant & I don’t recall having dug one before. We both had many iron relics including several whole horseshoes. The terrain is hilly & rocky so no crops have likely ever been grown there. The number of horseshoes dug there are definitely too many horseshoes for a farm. I dug the copper colored button top with concentric circles (looked like a shotgun brass at first). Josh spied the 4 leaf clover but didn’t disturb it as to not the jinx the fall Trio hunts.
You will note Josh’s daughter (Boo) holding the cow tag & chain. I held the chain out of sight and told Josh it was a CS oval plate but he was skeptical-LOL. We have several new promising sites to check and hunt so stay tuned. Not much this morning but fun to begin the fall hunting season at a C.S.A. site. HH from Josh & Quindy.
Note-An article on our friend Coilygirl’s C.S.A. buckle will be published in W & E Treasures in the next few months. WTG again Nancy!!

Attachments

• DSCN1222.JPG
    DSCN1222.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 223
  • DSCN1224.JPG
    DSCN1224.JPG
    976.6 KB · Views: 201
  • DSCN1225.JPG
    DSCN1225.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCN1223.JPG
    DSCN1223.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 260
  • IMG_2111.jpg
    IMG_2111.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 177
Upvote 10

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bee-yoo-tee-ful!!! And I don't mean the cow tag necklace either. ;)

The other finds are nice too!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Q-
I was just thinking about you today (not that way :tongue3:) and wondering when the Trio was going to get out.
Congrats on the Horseshoe Hill recoveries. L@@ks promising. Don't forget me this fall. :thumbsup:
You guys can spray that cow tag and chain gold and give it to Dman for Christmas. He would look identical to Flava Flav except for the white moustache. :laughing7:
Thanks for the post,
DUHg

Attachments

• thW9YQQV8W.jpg
    thW9YQQV8W.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 699

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Doug,
I already have a gold hip-hop chain. It says " RUN!, Here comes the property owner". LOL

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep those cow tags are heart stoppers. I dug one of those CW hunting with Kindafoundabuckle one time and played a joke on him with it. :D

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
great finds

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt Mr. Q. It's good that you let Josh get some air time too. Dman must have had a moustache trimmer accident again? Seems like it's been forever since we had a Trio video. Hope to see another REALLY soon!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Q-
I was just thinking about you today (not that way :tongue3:) and wondering when the Trio was going to get out.
Congrats on the Horseshoe Hill recoveries. L@@ks promising. Don't forget me this fall. :thumbsup:
You guys can spray that cow tag and chain gold and give it to Dman for Christmas. He would look identical to Flava Flav except for the white moustache. :laughing7:
Thanks for the post,
DUHg
Do I know you?-LOL. Still alive? I heard you were eaten by a Walleye in Wisconsin. HH, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Doug,
I already have a gold hip-hop chain. It says " RUN!, Here comes the property owner". LOL

We could have used that advice at another Morgan site a few years ago couldn't we?-LOL. See you soon & find those old homes next week. Q.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personality to match WDIF. Thanks for looking & I have seen you have a great summer hunting. HH, Q.

The best of both worlds!

I've been finding a LOT, yeah. But, ya know? I think I'm getting the itch to find something old. It's fun to go gathering nuggets in May, so to speak. Keeps me busy. But, ya know??? ;)

Thanks!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt Mr. Q. It's good that you let Josh get some air time too. Dman must have had a moustache trimmer accident again? Seems like it's been forever since we had a Trio video. Hope to see another REALLY soon!
OD, you have tore it up this summer. Don't despair as the Trio will all get together at the end of Sept. Take care & continue your good hunting streak. HH, Q.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm going to be upstream from you on Lake Cumberland next week. If you find something you need help with, give a big ole rebel yell and I'll come running!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am glad you are back and digging the relics! I enjoy your finds cause you know why you are digging them! Research!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread