Silver Dollar Saturday !!!

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Started early as usual to avoid this Vegas heat, went back to my house teardown and managed to squeeze out a Mercury and a 64 Quarter. Signals started drying up so decided to recheck some lots I previously hunted not to far away. Sooo glad I did! Decided to hit a small lot that ive been over 2 times. Its rather small compared to others I hunt, around 20x20. Had luck here before pulling out a monster gold ring earlier this year so decided to go real slow and not 5 feet from my car 3rd signal I got a bouncing 96-98. First two signals were close to that and were strips of aluminum. Almost didn't dig but said to myself what am I here for to detect so got down and at only 3" out pops the Dollar. Just like my first one it took a few seconds to realize what I had. How in the world did I miss this the last 2 hunts. This has been a fantastic year for me and I give credit to my At Pro and the 5x8 coil separating treasure from trash. Also found some wheats,marbles and still need to clean but think its a early dog tag.

ForumRunner_20140913_151258.png

ForumRunner_20140913_151327.png

ForumRunner_20140913_151345.png

ForumRunner_20140913_151417.png

ForumRunner_20140913_151534.png

ForumRunner_20140913_151600.png

ForumRunner_20140913_151626.png

ForumRunner_20140913_151652.png

ForumRunner_20140913_151713.png

ForumRunner_20140913_151736.png

ForumRunner_20140913_151759.png

Upvote 29

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
OP
OP
rayrayvegas

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
That's sweet ray. You've had a nice season hitting those lots. Its amazing you can miss one blade of grass and it could contain a large coin like that. Its happened to me and my crew as well.

Thanks Jerv3, I have had a incredible year thus far with these lots. Think alot of them have never been detected, I went back the next day to slowly hit the rest of the lot and was trying to figure out how I missed it, yes there was loads of trash and lots of nails and I realized slowing swing time by seconds makes a huge difference in trash filled lots. Also noticed that where I dug it looks like where they might of threw the old dirt when they replaced the sidewalk there about 5 years ago, explains why it was at only 3 inches.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
NICE RAY! and thanks for sharing. My first one is a 1887o that came out of a lake. I'm still looking for the second, third, etc. !!

HH ALL

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A big Congrats Ray, you've been on fire this year!!!!! Can't wait to see your year end totals!!!

renogeoff

Jan 27, 2010
Carson City NV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EuroTek Pro/Explorer II/Safari/ACE 250,Classic IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bam! Nice catch on the Morgan! Low and slow is the way to go in the trash. And bring the rock pick! I have to ice my arm on Monday from all digging in the rocks and hard pack.

We hit the area Sunday morn and only managed a few wheats from where I messaged you. Then metro PD stopped by and chatted for half hour, wondering why we were crazy enough to be in the hood. We drove by where you were but missed you by a street. Headed back to the strat area and got some silver and more wheats. Leo kicked my butt on finds this weekend. Left at 10 due to heat (and football!)
Even with 3 of us going over the same lots, we always seem to find something. 3 different machines and 3 diff techniques and I bet there is still tons we missed. We need about a week of rain and cooler temps and then go over it all again.

OP
OP
rayrayvegas

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
A big Congrats Ray, you've been on fire this year!!!!! Can't wait to see your year end totals!!!

Thanks, I was just thinking that myself. This is the first year I think I will be over a 100 silvers. I feel very lucky but boy its been alot of hot, arm breaking work. But never cannot see myself doing this great hobby till they put me in the ground. HH

OP
OP
rayrayvegas

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Bam! Nice catch on the Morgan! Low and slow is the way to go in the trash. And bring the rock pick! I have to ice my arm on Monday from all digging in the rocks and hard pack.

We hit the area Sunday morn and only managed a few wheats from where I messaged you. Then metro PD stopped by and chatted for half hour, wondering why we were crazy enough to be in the hood. We drove by where you were but missed you by a street. Headed back to the strat area and got some silver and more wheats. Leo kicked my butt on finds this weekend. Left at 10 due to heat (and football!)
Even with 3 of us going over the same lots, we always seem to find something. 3 different machines and 3 diff techniques and I bet there is still tons we missed. We need about a week of rain and cooler temps and then go over it all again.

Thats funny Jeff, I had officers ask me the same thing. Here? But here? Told me u must have balls of steel to be out here. Haha. Think we just have mutated growing eyes in the back of our heads. Lol. Did ok Sunday, 45 quarter, 1892. indian head. Gonna put up a post soon. What machines do you and Leo use again?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread