Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 IHC's, 8 Wheats and a "Smade in China" Ring

Went to a hunted out spot today, but there are a couple of tough to detect spots that I figured might yield some decent finds. My choice was a steep bank. Started with a 1894 Indian. Nice start. Ended with the ring. Junk, but oh well. Pulled 1900 and 1906 Indians also, along with 8 wheats including a '18, '19, '19s. One totally toasted. 68 coins total. Was hoping for a silver dime, but it was a good day anyway, and I only hit about a 3rd of it. Bank has little grass, is trashy as can be and I'm going to have several times over it digging the trash and iffy signals. In many spots the targets were laying right on top the ground including two of the wheats. Erosion doing my job for me. Picked up several pouches worth of trash today. DSCF1185.JPG DSCF1186.JPG DSCF1187.JPG DSCF1188.JPG DSCF1189.JPG

These last few pics are from a short hunt last week. The peace medallion and chain are not marked but appear silver. The Indian came out of the ground and my first thought was it was awful thin. Had a heck of a time even figuring out what it was when it came out of the ground. Kept looking for a wreath and shield and it was confusing. Got home and cleaned it up and seen that somebody had shaved the back, carved a B and some edge design into it. Pic sucks but maybe you can make it out. DSCF1190.JPG DSCF1191.JPG DSCF1192.JPG

Upvote 5

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All in all, looks like a good hunt. That ring looks like it's seen better days!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job on finding that carved IHP!! I have found lots of IHPs over the years but never a carved one !!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thinking on the hard to hunt spot. Nice finds, Indians are cool!

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, that's a big score. That's an awful lot of clad for a "hunted out" park though :P

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
gotta love the IH, nice finds

OP
OP
D

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, that's a big score. That's an awful lot of clad for a "hunted out" park though :P

Yeah, but that was the location. Hit the flat spots and you score a lot less. This bank is steep enough that I was having to watch the dirt clods so they, and potentially my target, didn't end up at the bottom. About took a slide to the bottom a couple of times myself. So, I'm probably not the first to hit this spot, but I may have been more thorough than anyone else took the time too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions