Marinesniper

Tenderfoot
Aug 17, 2014
Arlington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I decided to take my kids to the park and do some metal detecting while they played. I spent about 3 hours on Saturday and an hour and a half on Sunday afternoon and walked away with a handful of clad, a few interesting pins and TWO RINGS! One ring is Sterling silver with two small gems (I believe diamonds) on the sides and the main gem missing, and the other is a beautiful ring with a diamond in it. There are no markings on the diamond ring, but it appears to be silver and it passed a few of the tests to see if it was silver.

I will be taking the rings to be appraised on Monday, but either way it was still an exciting weekend!

Okay, so here's a question for all you veterans out there...can you help me figure out if this is a silver or white gold ring? Also, how big do you think that diamond is? My wife says maybe 1/2 carat, but I have no idea...and any ideas how much it might be worth if it's real? I know the other ring is sterling silver..Thanks again!! I'm so excited and can't wait to go back to that area and see what else I find....It seems to be a fairly undetected area!

Attachments

• Rings.jpg
    Rings.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 133
  • Weekendtake.jpg
    Weekendtake.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Upvote 9

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang.
That's one beautiful haul.

FollowTheBeep

Jul 15, 2014
Bloomington, IL
Detector(s) used
Racer, ACE 250, Propointer AT, Cen-tec pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You did great! I spent the same amount of time and walked away with $1.23 in clad, 1 junk ring, and 4 lead sinkers. My worst weekend of the summer.

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Killer finds! Congrats!

OP
OP
M

Marinesniper

Tenderfoot
Aug 17, 2014
Arlington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang.
That's one beautiful haul.

Thanks Garrett424! I've been reading about hauls like this ever since I joined the forums, but I had not had any luck in the month or so I've been hunting. I found the diamond behind a park bench that was next to some basketball courts. I decided to look there after realizing that people tend to hang their bags or place them on the ground by the bench and figured there would be some stuff that fell to the ground. I'm really glad I did!! I just hope I didn't use up all my luck for the rest of the year! If I'm lucky this will help pay for my youngest daughters 1yr birthday party this month.

OP
OP
M

Marinesniper

Tenderfoot
Aug 17, 2014
Arlington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The sterling ring is indeed marked with SC .925, but the diamond ring has no markings on the ring itself, although to be honest it looks pretty old and worn.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
great finds, good luck on the rings, they are nice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread