Were off to see the Wizard! The wonderful wizard of coins!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today was a good day to hunt again soil moisture was good but the heat was up just a bit. The aluminum was brutal today tho I ended up emptying my pouch before the hunt was over ! Did find one item of interest, funny how there is almost always one at least !!

9_14_2014 the wizard of coins.jpg 9_14_2014 the wizard back.jpg

My wild guess is that the wizard made a great pencil eraser topper ??

Thanks for following following the Yellow Brick road !! May you find your OZ of silver or gold !!

Upvote 10

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Wild wizard!:hello2: Congrats on an unusual find! :hello2:

I've been eyeballing finds the past six weeks instead of detecting due to aching knees. So last week at one of my fave haunts where people lose a lot of stuff, I saw shiny fake-gold "pull-tab" shape sticking out of the leaves & loose soil there. Pulled it slightly to unearth a heavy fake-gold key-chain, so pulled more on key-chain: Yoda! Nice heavy gold-color Yoda from Star Wars! Cracked me up as I'm a short wizened stout ole lady with a lot in common with Yoda from way back. (I always considered him a good omen and used to call myself the female Yoda, lol, even wore a Yoda t-shirt that one of my kids gave me.) So that night I googled for pics of my "gold" Yoda & discovered he's part of a set of 3 Star Wars key-chains. So, feeling like a fool but enjoying it, I returned to the same location the next day, got a little stick and started pushing the dirt & leaves around -- a Storm Trooper key-chain emerged! Yay! Spent quite awhile stirring dirt to find the 3rd figure, but no luck. :laughing7: Funny the things people lose.:laughing7: Andi

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wild wizard!:hello2: Congrats on an unusual find! :hello2:

I've been eyeballing finds the past six weeks instead of detecting due to aching knees. So last week at one of my fave haunts where people lose a lot of stuff, I saw shiny fake-gold "pull-tab" shape sticking out of the leaves & loose soil there. Pulled it slightly to unearth a heavy fake-gold key-chain, so pulled more on key-chain: Yoda! Nice heavy gold-color Yoda from Star Wars! Cracked me up as I'm a short wizened stout ole lady with a lot in common with Yoda from way back. (I always considered him a good omen and used to call myself the female Yoda, lol, even wore a Yoda t-shirt that one of my kids gave me.) So that night I googled for pics of my "gold" Yoda & discovered he's part of a set of 3 Star Wars key-chains. So, feeling like a fool but enjoying it, I returned to the same location the next day, got a little stick and started pushing the dirt & leaves around -- a Storm Trooper key-chain emerged! Yay! Spent quite awhile stirring dirt to find the 3rd figure, but no luck. :laughing7: Funny the things people lose.:laughing7: Andi

Hi Andi sounds like you do well at eyeballing items and dirt fishing with a stick =) Yeah it is funny what all people will lose, you just never know what you will find !

Awesome find! Love it! :occasion14:

Hi BB ! Thank you brother for the kudos ! =)

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pretty cool find, just amazing what is in the ground

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
pretty cool find, just amazing what is in the ground

Hi dirtlooter, thanks getting anxious now for the corn harvest! Then will find older stuff from the ground! Also maybe my sinuses will improve after harvest, that in itself will be a big relief =D

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I started saving that brutal aluminum to see how much crap I dig..........man that'a LOT of plugs!
I'm sure you're totally familiar with that.:laughing7:

I'm as anxious as you are to hit the fields!

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started saving that brutal aluminum to see how much crap I dig..........man that'a LOT of plugs!
I'm sure you're totally familiar with that.:laughing7:

I'm as anxious as you are to hit the fields!

GOD Bless
Chris

Hi Chris, cool on saving it, I seldom get the full can out here, usually it has been spit out in shreds by the lawnmower ! One pop can, can become ten or more targets with ease =) And I can usually recover the aluminum fast but when down deep its harder since all I can use out here is mostly a screwdriver for retrievals. The grass here has those tough thick roots and cutting a plug will most likely kill it.

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, there surely is, hence my name. LOL

Looks like a fun day!

Hi W, yeah that explains it well ! Thanks brother =) Still not sure what the wizard head use was think it is a pencil topper?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi W, yeah that explains it well ! Thanks brother =) Still not sure what the wizard head use was think it is a pencil topper?

Don't you know?!? If I'm not mistaken, it looks just like the one Harry showed me. I think he said it was a Hogworths standard issue wand topper. :dontknow:

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never know what you'll find next!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds.
At least you found something interesting right??

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds.
At least you found something interesting right??

Its still sitting below my monitor ! Don't find much pewter type stuff out here =)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread