Two Seated in ANOTHER Chinese camp (pic heavy)

el remolino

May 26, 2013
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another Asian labor camp along the railroad has been really good to me. I actually found it many months ago, but never really got to search it good until yesterday and today.It is not very often that I find coins pre 20th century so for me to find two seated dimes was really special. I have hit this camp pretty darn hard now, But the good news is I found another smaller camp a few miles further West. Cant wait to see what comes up next!

This is just a representation of what was found. For instance, there more opium can lids than what is pictured. Not present were numerous buttons, gun casings, bits of brass, home made hinges. A total of 13 coins were found.

Thanks for looking,

Kinley

Two glass game pieces, a lock, and Chinese blouse buttons
DSC03244.JPG

Coins from camp Top row far left is Vietnam Minh Mang, next coin is unusual in that it is iron, no bronze. It is a Chinese Tao Kuang. Rest are Chinese coins minus the two dimes.
DSC03245.JPG

Seated dimes are 1868 and 1853.
DSC03246.JPG

Possible dotchin (opium scale) weight. The top character is the number 3 in Chinese.
DSC03247.JPG

Bottle cap?? with Dec. 6th, 1864 stamped (my Birthday, not year LOL)
DSC03248.JPG

Salve tin lid
DSC03249.JPG

Pomegranate cut from can. Possibly represents fertility (pomegranates have numerous seeds)
DSC03251.JPG

Opium trays cut from opium cans
DSC03252.JPG

Fan tan game pieces cut from opium cans and other cans.
DSC03253.JPG

Opium can lids with Chinese characters (maker's marks).
DSC03254.JPG

Bullets and maybe buck shot. I don't know a whole bunch about bullets.
DSC03255.JPG

Upvote 24
OP
OP
E

el remolino

May 26, 2013
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW... those are some killer finds. The seated coins alone are just awesome, then you add in all the other stuff. The opium weight is very cool too. Congrats on some great finds. GL&HH.

Thank you sir. i am pretty proud of the weight as well. It is the second one I have found.

treasurehunter313

Apr 29, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool. Seateds are at the top of my coin list. I have a great house from the mid 1800s I'm hunting tomorrow morning that I hope has never been detected! So maybe tomorrow is the day!!

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Whirlwind. Real nice digs there with some great history behind them. Can't wait to see what you find at the new site. Good luck. C9

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread