Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master gt..ace 250&350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mucky's a Hero..

I do not like to gloat about the good deeds I do for other people, with people being the operative word. While I was venturing to my dig site, I noticed a dog hiding in the high grass, he was still alive. Not knowing if he had rabies or would attack just for being injured, so I avoided it. When my wife came home from work, I told her about the situation, she scolded me "There is a Husky that fits your description missing..expletive!!". So she belongs to this Facebook group in our county and she posted that I saw a dog...along with my phone number..ugh..So I get a call 11:30 last night, to help the people find the dog..."Wifey says, you better go..." so off I went, hiking/wading in pitch blackness, to guide 10 total strangers to the exact location where I found him...They asked me, what was I doing this far upstream when I saw him...umm I said I was looking for berries..lol..(Not disclosing my dig location)
Anyhow, to me finding a treasure is more than just coins, bottles, etc. Its finding someone or something that people care so much about..and bringing happiness back into their lives..seeing how I was the only one who wasn't crying last night..
Dog1.jpg
dog2.png

Upvote 13

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A job well done Mucky,good on you! Your wife should reward you with a nice berry cobbler or pie of some kind,haha.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on bro you shed a few tears admit it lol. Great job man. Being one that prefers to hang out with animals much more than humans I commend you for helping out. But if you see a person out there ask them a few questions before you save them :-) some would be better lost to the forest. Jk........kinda

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Karma..its your friend when its happy.
Thanks for sharing your story!.

Mike
Not another one with this "Karma" thing....lol j/k...thanks buddy (still plucking ticks and barberry thorns outta me..lol)

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on bro you shed a few tears admit it lol. Great job man. Being one that prefers to hang out with animals much more than humans I commend you for helping out. But if you see a person out there ask them a few questions before you save them :-) some would be better lost to the forest. Jk........kinda

Nope not me, I lost my ability to shed tears a long time ago. Given your question, depends on the person...

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
still, it was the right thing to do and so many won't do the right thing anymore.... so really what happened was you wanted to keep the peace at home! its okay, I understand LOL. the owners are happy, the dog is safe and you finally got to go back to bed.

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A job well done Mucky,good on you! Your wife should reward you with a nice berry cobbler or pie of some kind,haha.

That's between me and the wifey CG...lol (Wink)(Nod)

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
still, it was the right thing to do and so many won't do the right thing anymore.... so really what happened was you wanted to keep the peace at home! its okay, I understand LOL. the owners are happy, the dog is safe and you finally got to go back to bed.

Sleep? I am lucky if I get 3-4 hrs a night of sleep..

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with dirtlooter, ha, happy wife, happy life.

Good work, I love dogs, will be interesting to see what you pull next couple digs from there?

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats a doggone good story with a great dane of an ending. St. Bernard is smiling down on you. :)

Eagle101

Jul 22, 2012
New England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Gold,
Garrett AT Pro. Makro racer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You did a good deed. What comes around goes around.

I'm the same way I don't shed a tear for anything...except when I have to put one of my best friends(dogs)down.

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
What goes around, comes around. and it has more to do with odds than mysticism.
good job.

el remolino

May 26, 2013
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good deed, amigo!! Can't wait to see how the treasure gods reward you!!:icon_thumleft:

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice going! your next post should be of some amazing finds!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you interrogate the dog to see why he was snooping around close to your new spot? Maybe follow him around to make sure he doesn't pass any "extra" mucky bottles.

Nice story Muck.

-Happy Hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions