Hendo0601

Jul 30, 2014
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went for a short hunt yesterday at a spot I have previously had good luck at. I was only out for about an hour or so. The usual can slaw and pulltab garbage was flowing freely, I did manage to find a little clad, the oldest being a 1957 Jefferson Nickel, an old cell phone surface find (I was at a lake and this would have been underwater but the lake is more like a puddle now) and a rabies tag from 2008. I dug the junk made in China yellow car below the water line as well. The purple car was one of my last finds of the day and I originally wrote it off as junk. My wife saw it and said it's really cool you should clean it up, so I ran some water over it and got all the mud out of the inside and what do ya know it's a Tootsie Toy! I did a quick Google search and found a TNet entry from 2007 where a member found his first Tootsie Toy and it was this same car! It says Jaguar 2 USA on the inside. Pretty swell find if you ask me! Thanks for looking. Happy hunting!!

ForumRunner_20140920_095312.png

ForumRunner_20140920_095334.png

Upvote 4
OP
OP
H

Hendo0601

Jul 30, 2014
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks fellas!!! My wife said I finally found something worthy of being displayed...she said my heroin spoon was neat, but not going on the shelf lol.
I know it probably isn't worth much, but this 1957 D Nickel i found appears to have tons of detail still left on it, but it looks rusty. What's the best way to clean a nickel without ruining it?

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sweet find, congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread