Trash hidden bling...Platinum ?

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Spent a couple hours this morning at island lake state park. Some of the picnic areas are..well a trash pit, no better way to describe them. I put on the 5inch coil I picked up with my cz, even with it on so many overlapping targets..sheesh, but I love a challenge. I dug a ton of trash not pictured, and a bunch of shell casings.
I prevailed at the horseshoe pits, in digging a bottle cap signal, I re checked the hole then out popped a tiny little padlock..with diamonds or cz's I'm guessing diamonds since the only marking on it is 950 and I think that is platinum!..so yeah that made me pretty stoked to find . for as small as it is, it is very heavy.
View attachment 1055951

Mike

Upvote 11

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice congrats!

I haven't found any platinum yet. I did have a relative wave her hand with platinum rings under my coil to see what reading I would get, just in case I ever run across Plat. Read like gold but stronger tone.

You guys need to get one of those thin flexible long grabbers for retrieving stuff from the disposal, that and a good flashlight works.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the lock could of came from a hermes purse,think that is how you spell it.i have seen some at sales with locks on them,neat find

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing find.
It really PAYS to dig those trash signals. That's something I'm really learning after finding an old coin beneath the trash/pull tab layer.
I really hope it turns out to be platinum. Diamonds wouldn't hurt either.
Congratulations on a cool find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread