dp4349

Jun 7, 2012
Fort Smith, AR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, WS4, 11' Standard
Coil & Whites XLT E-Series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad day at all. Found a necklace, but unfortunately it's plated still got the heart going a little. I've been using a v3i with a 10x12 SEF coil with Magics Deep Silver Program. I guess results may very, but after a little tuning and we'll just trying different things out with the settings I was able to quiet the machine down a little and produced this 1939 Silver Quarter or at least part of one. HH

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Attachments

• image-1653204047.jpg
    image-1653204047.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 131
  • image-1034875332.jpg
    image-1034875332.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 5

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man

I would be unbelievably sad to find a quarter like that lol

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a bummer! Wonder what happened to it? Cut looks to clean to be a mower.

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you've found a Jorge Washingtona cobb.

Looks like a 1.5 bit denomination.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just acquired a used V3I and I am going to give it a go possibly over the weekend. Today, I went out to a very small older park. I have only found a Mercury dime there and mostly clad. I noticed that there was some signs posted stating what you can't do and #8 said metal detecting. It was right alongside, selling and littering and then below it said you would be issued a citation. Funny that they don't want you to dig and then there is a neighborhood garden in the corner and they are always leaving overturned pots, etc. laying about. I wonder if they will get fined. Makes me wished I left all the trash that I had picked up and dug over the past year. I know it gets very little detecting action so it was probably directed at me not to detect on. We don't have very old parks in my neck of the woods and they few that I know of, is off limits to detect on.

I went further down the road and there is another park, but it must be private and states "for members" only. Funny that it is alongside the main road and has swings and monkey bars for the kids to look at but don't touch. All very stupid really.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dp4349

dp4349

Jun 7, 2012
Fort Smith, AR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, WS4, 11' Standard
Coil & Whites XLT E-Series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just acquired a used V3I and I am going to give it a go possibly over the weekend. Today, I went out to a very small older park. I have only found a Mercury dime there and mostly clad. I noticed that there was some signs posted stating what you can't do and #8 said metal detecting. It was right alongside, selling and littering and then below it said you would be issued a citation. Funny that they don't want you to dig and then there is a neighborhood garden in the corner and they are always leaving overturned pots, etc. laying about. I wonder if they will get fined. Makes me wished I left all the trash that I had picked up and dug over the past year. I know it gets very little detecting action so it was probably directed at me not to detect on. We don't have very old parks in my neck of the woods and they few that I know of, is off limits to detect on. I went further down the road and there is another park, but it must be private and states "for members" only. Funny that it is alongside the main road and has swings and monkey bars for the kids to look at but don't touch. All very stupid really.

You will like the V3i if u have a little time to study the manual and the information available on the web. I just started using Magic program this week it makes a lot of noise but really pulls out the silver. I had a birthday recently and got my wife to get me the 10x12 SEF coil which seems to have a little more depth and is a lot better a pin-pointing.

Sorry to hear about your situation with the parks. I have been spending a little time trying to locate old farms and etc. Just start talking to some of the locals and they maybe able to help u out. Just curious how much would the citation cost?

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will like the V3i if u have a little time to study the manual and the information available on the web. I just started using Magic program this week it makes a lot of noise but really pulls out the silver. I had a birthday recently and got my wife to get me the 10x12 SEF coil which seems to have a little more depth and is a lot better a pin-pointing.

Sorry to hear about your situation with the parks. I have been spending a little time trying to locate old farms and etc. Just start talking to some of the locals and they maybe able to help u out. Just curious how much would the citation cost?

I went through the menu on the V3I and it is laid out very easily. With my CTX experience it makes it seem easy to navigate, but I am sure there is a lot to learn. I have a few coils along with it also to try.

I am not sure how much the citation would be. Just last year, I spoke to the city of Little Rock, and there isn't an official word on metal detecting parks I was told, but they allow the park officials to make up their own minds on whether they will allow hunting. The sign was a rec department sign, so it could simply be replicated and posted at any city parks. My feeling is if it isn't posted then it is fair game to detect.
I would like to think that the park has been "used up". It dates back to the 20s and I have found a silver St. Christopher and a 1920 Mercury dime after a guy told me that it has been hit hard since the 70s. I've detected it probably at least ten more times and the clad has even started to dry up.

With all the negativity I have received while doing this hobby, it can almost make you feel like you are a criminal. I think that I am going to have to do less scouting and random door knocking and more research. This will slow my detecting down quit a bit, but it may end up paying off more in the long run.

Last edited:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
bummer on the quarter but its still better than none at all. one town says dig all you want, the next almost jumps down your throat telling you no way but I still ask.

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds, the story that quarter could tell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread