Hendo0601

Jul 30, 2014
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back to the local lake/park I have been hunting and decided to hunt under a big group of trees because it was raining and my machine isn't waterproof. The trees did a pretty good job of keeping me dry, but boy was this area TRASHY. Bottle cap after bottle cap after pulltab after entire beer can....and mixed in there was a few clad coins. I hit on a huge signal and was about to walk over it thinking It was a beer can again, but I dug it anyway and out popped The Batmobile! I was pretty stoked about that and started swinging the coil and about 2 feet away another massive signal, pure crisp high tone but it was big...I learned my lesson with the batmobile so I dug this one right away, it was in the top of the plug maybe 1/2" or an inch down...I began jumping and acting like a fool because...well look!!!

ForumRunner_20140923_152023.png

ForumRunner_20140923_152100.png

ForumRunner_20140923_152126.png

ForumRunner_20140923_152145.png

At first I thought it was big silver, but it is a 1971 D Ike Dollar! The king of all clad!! It must have been a pretty recent drop too because this thing is mighty shiny. I only poured a little water on it to get the dirt off. After my heart rate came back down to normal I moved to where there are a bunch of big rocks that are normally under water and I picked up a ton of copper and zinc pennies and a few dimes and quarters. I found a lot of lead fishing sinkers and even a fly that some poor fisherman lost. ..then out in the middle I get another screaming signal..this time it's small and shallow, and out pops this little toe ring marked .925 on the inside! Another ring and another silver woohoo!!!! Here is all my finds, including the trash, and the ring!

ForumRunner_20140923_152638.png

ForumRunner_20140923_152705.png

ForumRunner_20140923_152737.png

Thanks for looking, and happy hunting!

Upvote 5

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the batmoblie lives again and is ready for another kid! great finds and great work at salvaging the hunt

OP
OP
H

Hendo0601

Jul 30, 2014
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haha I don't know if this batmobile is gonna be stopping much crime..I think it took a nasty hit from a lawn mower and it's got a nice twist effect going on. Still super cool though...the bottom says ERTL 1989.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, very rare to dig an Eisenhower Dollar. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
H

Hendo0601

Jul 30, 2014
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! I was in shock for a few minutes after I picked it up. As shallow as it was and as clean as it was makes me think it was dropped probably last summer...which makes me wonder who the heck is walking around at the lake with one of these in their pocket??? How did nobody see this thing sitting on the ground? It was only a few feet from a foot path. ..and a coin this big sure would attract my eye! It's another one I can check off of my bucket list though, so that's cool!

VaNana

Aug 23, 2014
Northern Va
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett 350 Garrett pinpointers
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haha I don't know if this batmobile is gonna be stopping much crime..I think it took a nasty hit from a lawn mower and it's got a nice twist effect going on. Still super cool though...the bottom says ERTL 1989.
The kids I watch use all my banged up dug cars for their demolition derby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread