Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

As usual, targets were thin today, but what I didn't get in quantity I made up for in quality. Here's the video:

During the first 3 hours I ended up with a piece of a brass stirrup and a decorated trigger guard from an early musket. Nothing else but can slaw, big iron, pack rivets, and some little bits of lead. Then I got a really killer signal right in the bottom of a cane row and popped out a pistol!! :headbang:

HPIM4823.JPG HPIM4822.JPG HPIM4824.JPG

Detected for another hour and a half and finished up the day with a decorative bit of brass and a lone flat button.

The gun looks like it is stamped "M" on the bottom of the barrel. I *think* I can see the oval and bench mark for Liege, but this is a much bigger gun than a muff pistol. I'm so stoked to have dug this one. :)

HPIM4827.JPG HPIM4828.JPG HPIM4829.JPG
HPIM4830.JPG HPIM4831.JPG

Was very happy to see a design on the trigger guard, which confirmed that that was what it was (star design). That's why I always toothpick these, rather than use water on them, so that I can see the detail. 8-)

HPIM4825.JPG HPIM4826.JPG

Happy Hunting,

Buck

Last edited:
Upvote 41

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like that one, BB!!! You're certainly into the "good stuff" !:notworthy:

oldsmith

Mar 13, 2014
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold, Garrett propointer, teknetics t2 se, tessoro sand shark,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steller find , I can only dream of finding such a piece, congrats and hh.

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pistol

Hello All,

As usual, targets were thin today, but what I didn't get in quantity I made up for in quality. Here's the video:

During the first 3 hours I ended up with a piece of a brass stirrup and a decorated trigger guard from an early musket. Nothing else but can slaw, big iron, pack rivets, and some little bits of lead. Then I got a really killer signal right in the bottom of a cane row and popped out a pistol!! :headbang:

View attachment 1058120 View attachment 1058121 View attachment 1058122

Detected for another hour and a half and finished up the day with a decorative bit of brass and a lone flat button.

The gun looks like it is stamped "M" on the bottom of the barrel. I *think* I can see the oval and bench mark for Liege, but this is a much bigger gun than a muff pistol. I'm so stoked to have dug this one. :)

View attachment 1058123 View attachment 1058124 View attachment 1058125
View attachment 1058126 View attachment 1058127

Was very happy to see a design on the trigger guard, which confirmed that that was what it was (star design). That's why I always toothpick these, rather than use water on them, so that I can see the detail. 8-)

View attachment 1058129 View attachment 1058130

Happy Hunting,

Buck

Banner
thought u were joking at first. Deadly find!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find Buck! I dug a hexagonal pistol barrel awhile back. One of my favorite finds. You know much about guns? I havent been able to get a positive id. Even from the gun experts.
Anyway bud that's an awesome find and one that I considered a lifetime bucket list type find. Big congrats on that one bud

Post a photo of it up here with a closeup of any markings, and some measurements of the piece. I'll do my best.

Cheers,

Buck

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer find, no pun intended. LOL
Congrats, I would love to turn up on of those one day.
ZDD

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did I miss this???? :dontknow:
A BIG congrats Buckaroo!!! That is such a great find. You are tearing it up lately. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll bet that rang up a sweet tone didn't it? Great find Buckleboy.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Buck, Here is the pistol barrel that I dug. I haven't found any marks and was leary about removing any of the patina to see if there's one hiding under there. This was found on my best day of detecting that included a 1782 2 Reales(my first Spanish), an 1877 seated, and an 1821 LC. Hope to have a day like that in this 2nd year. The barrel is 5 7/8" long and the inner diameter of the barrel is 8 mm. I've been told possibly Belgian 1700s or French. I know it's not much to go on but thanks for taking a look bud and let me know if you need better pics or other measurements. It was found on an island and i was told it's brass.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Buck, Here is the pistol barrel that I dug. I haven't found any marks and was leary about removing any of the patina to see if there's one hiding under there. This was found on my best day of detecting that included a 1782 2 Reales(my first Spanish), an 1877 seated, and an 1821 LC. Hope to have a day like that in this 2nd year. The barrel is 5 7/8" long and the inner diameter of the barrel is 8 mm. I've been told possibly Belgian 1700s or French. I know it's not much to go on but thanks for taking a look bud and let me know if you need better pics or other measurements. It was found on an island and i was told it's brass.
View attachment 1061108
View attachment 1061106
View attachment 1061051
View attachment 1061102

I bet it's Belgian. Sweet find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread