🥇 BANNER 5 Minutes: 1700 Halfcrown! Plus Beach Silver

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wife wanted to head out for a drive early this morning to look at the fall scenery, and the deal is I get a few minutes to detect while she listens to music. I noticed one of my beat sites was cut as I drove by, so I stopped to get a couple minutes in. Left the car, and made a beeline for the foundation in the center of the field. Within 5 minutes I hit a high 80s signal, popped it out expecting junk but I was pleasantly surprised! Once again the plough gave me some goodies from a beat spot. I was so happy with the find I decided to just move on and save the spot for patriot and I to hit later this fall. One target dug and it was 314 year old silver!
Then we stopped at a beach - and within fifteen minutes I popped out the 1945 silver dime and tiny sterling stamped butterfly. Turned out to be a nice drive!
IMG_4859.JPG
IMG_4860.JPG
IMG_4853.JPG

Upvote 45

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how you do it.... that's most certainly not an easy one to find in our parts! (or anywhere else really)

Yeah we'll see what you saved for him. (the lead) :laughing7:

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Patriot says I have an inappropriately placed horseshoe haha. This was one of the fields we hit when you guys came over a few years ago, it was plowed up and we didn't find a thing there that day. Funny how it goes, I've been in there dozens of times and all it takes is that one good plowing!
I don't know how you do it.... that's most certainly not an easy one to find in our parts! (or anywhere else really)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it beats a bedroom full of hornets, and I say that because I know how it feels! :(

Patriot says I have an inappropriately placed horseshoe haha. This was one of the fields we hit when you guys came over a few years ago, it was plowed up and we didn't find a thing there that day. Funny how it goes, I've been in there dozens of times and all it takes is that one good plowing!

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a huge chunk of Silver :o:o some thing you don't see over here often, never mind over there.:thumbsup:

SS

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't say I've had a bedroom full of hornets, but i've sat on a log that contained a fire ant nest once. I prefer my horseshoe :P
Well it beats a bedroom full of hornets, and I say that because I know how it feels! :(

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, that's a nice one. Best 5 minute hunt ever.
Congrats on the BIG WILL III silver.
A nice mate for your big french silver.
Since I got my GEO I shilling a few years back there have been very few if any larger early english silver posted.

Last edited:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would love to find one of those half-crowns for sure !!

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, don't think I'll beat that for a five minute hunt. Most times I'm lucky if I get a target in the first five minutes. Yup, he'll look next to the big french silver - two separate fields but only about 800 yards between where the two of them were found.

Dang, that's a nice one. Best 5 minute hunt ever.
Congrats on the BIG GEO I silver.
A nice mate for your big french silver.
Since I got my GEO I shilling a few years back there have been very few if any GEO I silver posted.

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice hunk of silver, excellent find!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm voting banner, not something I'm ever likely to get.:occasion14:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm voting banner, not something I'm ever likely to get.:occasion14:

I was actually going to mention you in my post.... that in all the stuff you find, it's pretty seldom to see a large early silver like that. It is why I made the comment it's not easy to dig anywhere.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was actually going to mention you in my post.... that in all the stuff you find, it's pretty seldom to see a large early silver like that. It is why I made the comment it's not easy to dig anywhere.

Yeap, Ive had a few sixpences & shillings of Will III but I can't even remember a florin, let alone a halfcrown!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeap, Ive had a few sixpences & shillings of Will III but I can't even remember a florin, let alone a halfcrown!

That's the largest early silver I've seen dug in this part of the world. It's to the point where you'd need an 8 reale cob, full Ecu, or Crown, to beat it, and any one of those three would be off the charts here for rarity to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread