Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ZDD & me on the dusty treasure trail again.

We arrive on site, conditions perfect, though a tad warm. No grass like a herbicide had been sprayed. Between the two of us I think there was a house site there. Dave got a massive skeleton key, and a watch winder among other stuff. I got the juice harp. We wandered off into the deeper grass for a bit, then I came back, and eyeballed the clay pipe piece, then a shoe buckle piece came up. Was thinking at that point something good was about to happen.

Well I did pop out a small silver, had no water so had to wait to see what it was. Then just like a rain shower it all dried up. Still a lot of fun, it shouldn't be forgotten a lot of folks just don't have time to have leisure activities, I am glad to have that luxury.

Haven't emptied the pouch yet, but horse tack, ox shoes, and junk is all I remember putting in it.

I'm thinking some of the goodies have sunk out of range here, the soil quite soft, and I dug holes at least a foot deep a couple of times, one being the decorative brass piece shown.

find14-16-1.JPG
The silver is 1918
find14-16-2.JPG
ZDD "going in"
find14-16-3.JPG
This is from a previous hunt, wondering if what looks like a triger guard is ? as it was only connected at one end. I don't know, but that is what it looks like to me.
find14-15.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 10

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me a harp is always a good sign... they've come off so many good sites here.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Rick, looks like a piece of trigger guard, but tough to say for sure since I can only see one angle. I like the Jews Harp. I have never found a nice one, just rusted iron ones and broken brass ones.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Rick. Beautiful harp. I envy you guys that have lots of time. My life is pretty crazy and I always feel pressure that I have to get myself into a great site every time. I'm always Leary of taking a risk on an unproven spot but I do from time to time. Ya win some and ya lose some. Glad to see you and ZDD out enjoying the nice weather

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Rick. Beautiful harp. I envy you guys that have lots of time. My life is pretty crazy and I always feel pressure that I have to get myself into a great site every time. I'm always Leary of taking a risk on an unproven spot but I do from time to time. Ya win some and ya lose some. Glad to see you and ZDD out enjoying the nice weather

I probably have no more hunts this year than you had.
I do know for what ever amount of time you did have you sure made the most of it, you've had one heck of a first year. Perhaps one of the best. 3 spanish, 2 state coppers, beautiful gold military button, and a buckle collection that would take some a life time to assemble, yep you're doing alright, whaich as I recall said you would.

For the record I was 4 or 5 years getting my first spanish...

Thanks,
Rick

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice selection of finds Rick, the harps and a little silver are always a welcomed find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread