1801 Draped Bust, Anchor Button with wood back?

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I normally wouldn't post until my finds were cleaned up but I'm curious about this anchor button. I will post better pics of the coin later. So here is the button. It's 22.5 mm and seems to have a wooden back. It's hard to tell because there's not a whole lot left. Thanks for the help guys
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 21

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds my man! Congrats.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck I like the Button ..
Imo , I thought it was a Repunched Iron Back.

Is 1900-1920 Modern?

Love the LC , I'd love to find on of any type Esp, A Draped Bust.

Davers

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Draped bust Abe!, I got one the other day with vino, treblehunter, and olddude, it was my first target out of the car, ended up with 4 LCs that day but hey they don't count as coppers lol!!!

and yes the almighty vino got a nice KG, but he hasn't posted his measly 3 lcs and KG lol!!!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Draped Bust. Nice detail on that one.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, modern buttons and buckles need love too! :tongue3:
Well done Abe. At least you're getting out. That's more than I'm doing. :laughing7:
Congrats,
Doug

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice draped bust. 1801 was the first LC I found and the draped bust have been my favorite since then.

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great coin, I look forward to the day i get to finally find one, myself.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry about that modern blazer button Abe, but at least you were able to score a nice early copper.

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes way to go on the DB! I hear you on the jungle like conditions. Will say though I have noticed the farmers in my area starting to harvest crops. All the fields will be open soon and I can get back to some of my oldest sites. Doubt I will find a BD though seeing as I am in the Midwest never know though. Its a good year if I find any LC's at all.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt ! An Ol' 18th cent. bridge should be a great location to get some oldies !

Did an old bridge , with success , a few years ago.
Not too many old 1760 bridge sites exist in the NE quadrant of the US . Found some keepers in the road beds and water under the crossing .Nothing is easy about those sites . Lots of effort as you well know .

HH 8-)

CMDdawg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it's a very tough place to hunt but I think in another few weeks it may be more manageable. I stumbled onto a foundation hole about 40 yards from the bridge as well but literally didn't know until I was standing inside it. That's how thick this spot is. I recently found the journal of a soldier from the 1700s and he speaks of this place a lot. It's really cool you can still see the stacked stones of the original bridge from 1760 that apparently washed out then they built a new one right next to it. This river has produced 5 old coppers including a 1797 LC and another DB and a complete shoe buckle so I will keep on going back. This historic riversides have treated me very well in my short detecting career. Those and the islands have been amazing. Thanks for all the nice replies guys

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it's a very tough place to hunt but I think in another few weeks it may be more manageable. I stumbled onto a foundation hole about 40 yards from the bridge as well but literally didn't know until I was standing inside it. That's how thick this spot is. I recently found the journal of a soldier from the 1700s and he speaks of this place a lot. It's really cool you can still see the stacked stones of the original bridge from 1760 that apparently washed out then they built a new one right next to it. This river has produced 5 old coppers including a 1797 LC and another DB and a complete shoe buckle so I will keep on going back. This historic riversides have treated me very well in my short detecting career. Those and the islands have been amazing. Thanks for all the nice replies guys

I've had a few spots like that. I tried clearing them and by the time I was done I was too beat to detect. By the time I got back it was all grown in again. Hopefully you'll get some heavy frosts to take it all down.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a few spots like that. I tried clearing them and by the time I was done I was too beat to detect. By the time I got back it was all grown in again. Hopefully you'll get some heavy frosts to take it all down.
Yeah the problem with this place is that it's so far out there that it would be hard to trek out there and then clear it out. But I know there's gotta be some nice stuff hiding out there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread