Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
Upvote 0

dfxmatt

Jul 6, 2006
MICHIGAN
Detector(s) used
whites dfx and whites beachunter i.d. in summer
God that's just lame..........what happened to land of the free?

Eddy1H

Dec 17, 2006
Rockwall Texas
Detector(s) used
Cz20, Cz6a, 1212X, Minelab, Muskateer Advantage Whites, XLT, Surf PI, Garrett TR
Government, I would think there are more important issues at hand
than controling those of us who dig in the earth our forfathers died to protect.

Eddy

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Say NO to State of Oregon Senate Bill 64

In summary... it would stop all Artifact Collecting, metal detecting and relic hunting in the Oregon State, not just on public land but on private land. It makes it illegal for even a landowner to pick up artifacts on his own property. Anything of cultural patrimony cannot be removed without a permit. To get the permit requires a Masters Degree in Archaeology or a related field. Even with the permit everything has to go either to the appropriate Indian tribe or to the State Anthropological Museum. There’s much more…. But suffice to say it would be the death knell for collecting in Oregon and a bitter blow to private museums that rely on these folks to give them artifacts. It would also put an extremely heavy load on the State Historic Preservation Office which is already shorthanded.

Say "NO" to State Of Oregon - Senate Bill 64

The bill may be viewed at:
http://www.leg.state.or.us/05reg/measures/sb0001.dir/sb0064.a.html or http://www.leg.state.or.us/05reg/measures/sb0001.dir/sb0064.intro.html

Please take 30 Seconds of your time to "Say No" and show your support. http://www.petitiononline.com/ORBill64/petition.html
If you support collectors rights, please forward this email to other artifact collectors to spread the word.
If you have a website: Provide a Link to the Petition... Show Your Support... Please!

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
silverswede said:
Terrible bill. Has Whites in Sweethome any clout over there?

I would think they should have some sort of say. I know, at least I don't believe they are a public company and should threaten to move out of the state should they pass the bill. Also I know it's going to be tough on MDers but that is complete BS! Even on private land?!?!?!?! F@#k them. They can't stop a landowner from doing whatever the heck they want with their own land. MDers should organize to file an injunction and get a lawyer to back it. I will donate to the Lawyer bill unless we got a lawyer here willing to do the work probono.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Sounds like to me that they want to protect mostly native american artifacts. It basically means if you find something of historical or significant value your screwed. Put it back in the ground and let it rot or the relic gestapo will get you. What freakin cop is going to enforce this crap?!?! Not many I know. They have important things to worry about like murders, rapes, assaults, robberies, and burglaries. Most don't even want to waste their time writing a damn speeding ticket, and these morons think that the police are going to arrest someone for picking up lost change? What a bunch of left wing $#!theads. The MDers can get this overturned easy. Start with a lawyer and filing an injunction. Get that petition in to the legislators to reword that bill to include a provision for an MDing liscense for hobbyists and to define EXACTLY what sites are off limits...not just ALL public and private land. They don't have the resources or time to excavate all the land. Also, threaten...no just start campaigning that private property owners rights are being taken away and that a change is needed in office. If you get enough support or make enough noise on the news stations, they will start looking at the fact that they wont be re-elected and change their tune. Like I said, if there are any lawyers here start with them, and if there aren't start up a collection to pay one for the injunction. I will send a few bucks.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Signed...I would detect on my own property regardless of the law...I am curious to see, if this is enacted, the first high-profile case of someone busted detecting on their own property.

TBGO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions