Tenn. Trio Hits Major Milestone at Williams Cleaner Camp TODAY!!-Over 500 Relics

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Spring planting prevented the Tenn. Trio from digging 500 relics total from the Williams Cleaner camp since we started hunting there last December. Today, we returned and hunted the stubble to see if we could hit that milestone and we did so easily.
It didn’t take long to dig from relic #496 to over #500. I dug #496 and forgot to mention in that short video that the dropped Type III Williams Cleaner bullet I dug was my 400[SUP]th[/SUP] CW relic dug in 2014. We had 20 or so relics in 2 hours and Josh had to leave. As mentioned in the video, the humidity was very high this morning.
Doug’s best find was a nice dropped Sharps Carbine bullet and Josh’s teardrop pistol bullet (shown) was the only one any of us have recovered from that site making it his best find. I had 2 Williams Cleaners, a .36 cal. and a .44 cal. pistol bullet but nothing special today.
Stay tuned & thanks for watching from Doug, Josh, & Quindy in Tennessee.

Attachments

• DSCN1242.JPG
    DSCN1242.JPG
    918.6 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCN1242 - Copy (2).JPG
    DSCN1242 - Copy (2).JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 132
Upvote 15

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Dawg, Steve, & JB.
Steve, we have new places with potential to check out but they are in snaky places & as you know, less than 25% usually have relics.
JB, apparently the Cleaner bullets were sent in a crate as the newest thing to prevent cleaning the .58 cal. Springfield Rifles. Later, they were packaged with each 20 bullets issued with pre-measured powder packaged in paper & tied on the 3 ringers with string. One theory is that since the 3 ring .58s were already in the field that they sent the new Cleaners separately. The soldiers didn't like them because they made the gun kick badly & the did a poor job of barrel cleaning. Due to the dislike by the soldiers, they discarded the whole box, left there, and the plow scattered the remainder. HH, Q.

Great info buddy all i can say is i am glad the Trio found it in it's natural state and is officially documented with a story to tell:icon_thumleft:

~Blaze

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome ! Post Quindy ! The TENN. trio should be right proud of that accomplishment ! 500 from the williams cleaner camp alone :hello2: MaineRelic

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet relics. You all are back on the trail, and I think there will be some great finds made for your team during this fall window.

Best Wishes,

Buck

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man, when is this stinking summer going to end!? Next week, I hear! wooohoo! WTG on all the finds and GREAT going on passing the 500 mark!
Nana :)
Thanks Nanners. The snakes will soon be asleep and You & lisa will be back to digging C.S.A. relics soon. I KNOW you will. HH, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome ! Post Quindy ! The TENN. trio should be right proud of that accomplishment ! 500 from the williams cleaner camp alone :hello2: MaineRelic
MR, I never dreamed when I walked into that "hunted out site" on Dec. 6th last year that it would turn out to be this productive. We were very lucky to get permission to hunt there. Thanks & HH, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet relics. You all are back on the trail, and I think there will be some great finds made for your team during this fall window.

Best Wishes,

Buck

Thanks Will. I know that you, Molly, & Shane are looking forward to cooler & less humid weather as well. If you go North after Christmas, make sue that you guys bring your detectors even though Molly may make us look bad. We will stir up some relics I know. I'll make Dman behave. HH my friend, Q.

Jyverb64

Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on 500 relics that's amazing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread