1906 Barber Quarter

Blueblood

Oct 10, 2013
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted a spot I have been digging this week for an hour after work today. I decided to ignore my frustration with wearing headphones. I am glad I did! I believe I have been missing some good stuff. I picked out a nice high tone between some mid and low tones in this hole where I found the quarter and a couple pull tabs. I just love seeing silver pop out of the hole!! Included a pic of my scrap buckets . I have brass, copper, aluminum and steel going on there. It piles up fast!
FullSizeRender (1).jpg FullSizeRender (2).jpg FullSizeRender (3).jpg FullSizeRender (4).jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

Upvote 11

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice silver save there!! Need to save some like that here =)

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice silver. I believe I probably missed some things in the beginning because I wouldn't wear phones either. Between rattlesnakes and black bears, I wanted to hear my surroundings. The phones now go where I go. It will be interesting once the corn is harvested this year to see if I find anything I may have missed.

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want one !!!

I just rescently started using the headphones in parks and schools, but still go headphoneless in the big woods and cellar holes. Like Old Dude said....Rattlesnakes and bears, plus my dog is ALWAYS with me so I gotta keep an ear out for her for the same reasons.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice diggs, the AT Pro is made for headphones it's the only way you really can find the deep stuff and here the tone changes

el remolino

May 26, 2013
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Barber Quarter. That is one that has continued to elude me. Great job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread