jaypop06

Feb 19, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a while since I've been on here, mostly because of lack of interesting finds, but that changed a little today. I live in northeastern KY and on the banks of the Ohio River. With the close proximity to the river, I fish a lot this time of year. Yesterday while walking the banks fishing, I begin to notice LOTS of broken old bottles on the ground. It wasn't long before a guy with a bag and a pick came walking down the bank and began digging. He was a bottle digger and he was finding some pretty stunning glass to say the least. That left me thinking of what else was in the dirt that he was shoveling out of his way to get to the glass.

So today I went back with my detector and checked around for about 10-15 minutes (couldn't stay long because of work) and found these. I'm not real sure what they are and I was hoping for some help on ID, what the letters mean (the letter are W.B./C.O.) and approximate age if possible.

FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

I think they may be led seals, but I'm not real sure. Any help would be great...

Upvote 1

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look like old bale seals. Most are made of lead. The rust color looks a little weird though.

OP
OP
J

jaypop06

Feb 19, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are definitely lead, I'm not sure where the rusty color came from. I did find them amongst some rusted iron nails, maybe that had something to do with it.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look like old bale seals. Most are made of lead. The rust color looks a little weird though.

Yes some type of seal is my thought too, and your right about the rust. Perhaps a seal such as those on electric / water / gas meters ?

Tip...Crop picture first before posting, the resulting image of the find will be much bigger...easier for someone to help with an ID.

OP
OP
J

jaypop06

Feb 19, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the cropping tip. Never really thought about it until you mentioned it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread