New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vino took care of me again, I was the windshield today, not the bug. We hunted a site of his, I found a toasted wheat, Left facing half penny King George, and a right facing 1723 farthing (I think, I have to look in my new book yet, Whitman Encyclopedia of early American Coins)

Enjoy the pix

Left facing

Rt facing

HH & GL
Brad

I was just looking in that book, no luck for me finding those two. The left facing measures 26-27 mm
The Rt facing measures 26-27 mm
If anyone might be able to help with an ID it would be nice, At least I got a good date on the Rt. facing.

Update--Croatia bell and what the 1723 Woods Hibernia should look like.

Last edited:
Upvote 6

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice saves Brad....It was hard hunting in the stubble today. ..Dont worry ill get you next time...
George

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice saves Brad....It was hard hunting in the stubble today. ..Dont worry ill get you next time...
George
Ha, never have to worry about that, I wouldn't even think about competing, nice day!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds Treb. Congrats on the double KGs. As usual, I am a bit jealous.

GL&HH.

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
The 1723 is a woods Hibernia...nice find...The one facing left looks odd but close to a King George II

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey brother great early coins! Nothing like kicking your boys ass huh! You guys seem to have some fairly rough soil down there. Any idea what's in it that's so rough on the coppers? I guys it's just hit or miss everywhere and I've started to believe the condition they get dropped in has more to do with it than anything else. Keep it up buddy

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey brother great early coins! Nothing like kicking your boys ass huh! You guys seem to have some fairly rough soil down there. Any idea what's in it that's so rough on the coppers? I guys it's just hit or miss everywhere and I've started to believe the condition they get dropped in has more to do with it than anything else. Keep it up buddy

They were found in a corn field..
Its hit or miss..Some come out better than others...
And as far as kicking my BUTT..Hey even a blind squirrel finds a king Geoege. ..
Lol..
George

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were found in a corn field..
Its hit or miss..Some come out better than others...
And as far as kicking my BUTT..Hey even a blind squirrel finds a king Geoege. ..
Lol..
George

I must be a blind, deaf, half dead chipmunk than since I never find em lol

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Very nice coin finds Brad! :thumbsup:
Gotta find me some of that old coinage, my oldest so far 1825.

Field finds are always hit & miss on the condition.
I think a lot has to do with the amount of manure & pesticides, but most is due to the amount of cow & horse pee! :laughing7:
Dave

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice finds Brad! The left facing looks to be KGII old head version but should be 28-29mm
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412376877.202146.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys,I was just out in my truck with my great nephew and forgot to include my first Croatia bell, it is in pieces, but it's my first.
Abe, your a great instigator. I think allot of the king George s were counterfeit, I think they are the ones that really take a beating. I'm green so I might be wrong.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys,I was just out in my truck with my great nephew and forgot to include my first Croatia bell, it is in pieces, but it's my first. Abe, your a great instigator. I think allot of the king George s were counterfeit, I think they are the ones that really take a beating. I'm green so I might be wrong.
That might be the nicest thing anyone's ever said about me! Thank you my forgetful friend. Congrats on your crotal bell buddy. You killed it today man! Why don't you slow down and stop making me feel bad while I'm out spending thousands of dollars on new tools and working all the time lol

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds Treb. Congrats on the double KGs. As usual, I am a bit jealous.

GL&HH.
Thanks, wish you were with me!

The 1723 is a woods Hibernia...nice find...The one facing left looks odd but close to a King George II

That might be the nicest thing anyone's ever said about me! Thank you my forgetful friend. Congrats on your crotal bell buddy. You killed it today man! Why don't you slow down and stop making me feel bad while I'm out spending thousands of dollars on new tools and working all the time lol
Your a great guy Abe, still a good instigator, I could never forget you buddy. I wish we were all "the rich and famous" and could tour the world metal detecting together. I did my thirty some years in one of the hardest trades in the history of the world. Now I can live a dream and play every day if I want. You work hard now and someday you too can play. Besides, your not doing so bad yourself, just lately you have had a not so good run of luck. One thing about life you can always be sure of, It will change. I'm headed out tomorrow on a road trip, I will be very close to you at the end of the day. You should call me tomorrow afternoon and I'll let you know how I'm doing. lol haaaaaaaaaaaa.

Very nice finds Brad! The left facing looks to be KGII old head version but should be 28-29mm
View attachment 1061838
You and Brian are on the same page as me I think the head is swept back, I'm thinking its something else altogether different than a King George. Only problem is I'm not smart enough on coins to know what, maybe a Connecticut Copper? here are the updated pix

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some day I'm going to find a tree coin or a 1700s American silver.... Ya know what I'm gonna do with it? I'm gonna post it on EVERY SINGLE thread you start lol. I love you Brad you dirty old coin licker

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some day I'm going to find a tree coin or a 1700s American silver.... Ya know what I'm gonna do with it? I'm gonna post it on EVERY SINGLE thread you start lol. I love you Brad you dirty old coin licker

I'm living a dream,I have a soybean field down here, few more weeks, it will be ready, you, George, old dude, and I should all hit it. I found a grapeshot there and walker half, last winter. There was revolution action there. Last year there was corn in it, this year, soybean. They must have turned it. Could be Spanish in it this year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread