Unexpected after work hunt...looky here now!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coming down my street this afternoon, saw wifey wasn't home, shopping?, massage?, affair? Didn't know, didn't care...only 3:30, plenty of time to hunt, gotta find a permission on the quick. I see a neighbor tooling around in his driveway.... hello neighbor! I showed him how it worked, and how neat my plugs are, first target, 1918 wheat!:headbang: Second target, AMC car key, haha. He then says "sure, help yourself, I will be pressure washing while you hunt"... Dude, could you have a louder pressure washer? Holy crap, my ears are still ringing. Anyways, I beeped for about a half hour, pulled 66 cents in clad, 4 wheats, a window crank, (from the AMC maybe), and a ring!!! It is marked SIAM STERLING. Turns out it is a "nielloware style ring, popular from the 50's to the 70's. Even though Siam became Thailand in 1949, they still marked their silver with the word Siam. Nielloware, is a black mixture of copper, silver, and lead sulfides, apllied as an inlay on engraved or etched metal. Ring number 6 and 1/2 for the year!!!
001.JPG
Thanks for looking!:hello:

Upvote 13

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Wave Dave: Good finds! I hope you'll come up with some more ring finds soon. Do you ever hit the beach - low tide and all?

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A ring is still a ring.
at least, that's what I keep telling myself!

Congrats on the finds and another notch on your ring count.

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
" saw wifey wasn't home, shopping?, massage?, affair? Didn't know, didn't care......only 3:30, plenty of time to hunt, "

LOL sounds like something I have said a time or two. My wife also detects but, she calls my detector my mistress :laughing7:.
nice finds !

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your hunt and those pictures with us

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big Wave Dave: Good finds! I hope you'll come up with some more ring finds soon. Do you ever hit the beach - low tide and all?

Thanks for the reply, and no, I almost never hit the beach... I did when I first got my 350, to learn my machine in the dry sand, but once I got confident enough to hunt private lawns, that was it for me. I would much rather find history, albeit w/ 100 years down here, than someone's lost bling...HH!

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL sounds like something I have said a time or two. My wife also detects but, she calls my detector my mistress :laughing7:.
nice finds !

Seen my mugshot? I had the threesome smiley on the original post, but wifey frowned on it.

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Luvin the wheaties....

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find! I love it when the wife works late and I get off early. BFR
Now that comment could be taken out of context.....if you happen to have a very warped mind like me lol

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the reply, and no, I almost never hit the beach... I did when I first got my 350, to learn my machine in the dry sand, but once I got confident enough to hunt private lawns, that was it for me. I would much rather find history, albeit w/ 100 years down here, than someone's lost bling...HH!

My old coins are definitely my favorite finds but I have to admit, I LOVE finding jewelry too. Haven't found any good stuff in a while but the junk keeps showing up fairly steadily.

Otoh, I dug a TOASTED large cent about two weeks ago and wanted to turn cartwheels. That was just as fun as finding a gold wedding band.

So, I guess I can say I'll take both; the history and the bling. It's all good to me.
It depends on what mood I'm in at any given time.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Bump, I'm bored.

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds! You will want to test the ring in that I purchased a 1950's era Siam sterling bracelet and earring set over the summer at a yard sale. Gave the lady spot price. Brought it home and something compelled me to acid test it (I usually don't acid test if it is marked and nonmagnetic unless it is from China) and it was indeed fake ��

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread