Fisher 1280/Anderson Detector shaft modifications
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 31

MichiganMan

Jun 13, 2008
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
A cheap one until I can decide on a very good brand-name one to buy.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely fantastic! A phenomenal find. Stunning!

How does one decide on whether to keep something like that or donate it to a museum? I struggle with the same question every day as I have a ledger from a founder of a certain city that I am donating to a museum. Trouble is I keep saying I am going to do it every week and have yet to do so. It can be a very tough decision.
What preservation techniques are you using since it is now out of water?

OP
OP
CanDiver

CanDiver

Sep 4, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280/Anderson Detector shaft modifications
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely fantastic! A phenomenal find. Stunning!

How does one decide on whether to keep something like that or donate it to a museum? I struggle with the same question every day as I have a ledger from a founder of a certain city that I am donating to a museum. Trouble is I keep saying I am going to do it every week and have yet to do so. It can be a very tough decision.
What preservation techniques are you using since it is now out of water?

Its an easy decision for me. When I was a young man I donated everything I found to the museum. I filled their cabinets. I went back 10 years later with my family to show them my donations...... guess what? They all vanished. My son can have this one.

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its an easy decision for me. When I was a young man I donated everything I found to the museum. I filled their cabinets. I went back 10 years later with my family to show them my donations...... guess what? They all vanished. My son can have this one.

firstly, that is sad. second, incredible find - a hearty congrats to you!

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, stunning! :hello2: Wonderful piece of history you saved there. Congrats on the Banner, too!

HH

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely incredible find! That is one big plate, any attachment fittings on the back? Congratulations and thanks again for sharing, I hope to see more great recoveries soon!

Steve

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is interesting is that I trained with the Royal artillery back in the early 90s, but I realize that is a pretty generic term for the British artillery.

goldenoldie

Dec 16, 2014
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE ,,,,,,,
Minelab sovereign xs2,,,,,12x10 SEF & 15 in WOT
Minelab Explorer 2. 12X8 Platypus
Evolution Scoop & spade ,Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi I would say a badge of this size would only be worn on a sash for a regimental parade,
witch makes it quite unique .Hens teeth to find. Badges worn in to battle where considerably smaller .
Shoot me down if I am Wrong.
Regards goldenoldie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread