Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to a school I have scored silver at before, I haven't been there since spring. Nothing great but I did score a wheat cent 1941!
Then onto another school where I just did the grass strip in the middle of the parking lot, more or less an exploratory excursion to see where the snow plowed goodies maybe in winter! Seeing as how mine was the only vehicle in the parking lot I assume whom ever lost the keys had a spare set.
Nothing great but I'm happy to just find anything, and be able to get on T Net and post it! My free WiFi is scarcer than hen's teeth!
I think my detector was even happy to not be subjected to the field of iron derbies I usually hunt in. The weather has been very cooperative on my hunt days, so no complaints, I know what's out there, I just haven't gotten the coil over it yet...one of these days!
image.jpg
GL and HH to all my fellow TH'ers!

Upvote 8

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot is digging. Is that a lead seal next to the wheat? Keep swinging that coil and you'll find what you're looking for

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, looks like a WHOLE lot of digging. You're that much closer to that next ring or silver coin!

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No that's a small snap or rivet of some sort.
Oh I will keep digging, I'm well aware of what's out there! Or I'm demented! Lol!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like most of my hunts too. Only I don't usually post the garbage. Just gotta figure from the number of items I post times 3. ;)

I'd check with the school for a lost and found, for the keys. Unless you're into collecting them. :)

Thanks for sharing.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Demented NO, Determined, YES! The real good stuff can only elude you for so long- I know you'll get your coil over it sooner vs later!

Take care my friend!

-- Jeff --

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Grats on those finds MsBeep ! =) I find that keys from underground are usually structurally compromised and only good for looking at really. Not worth the cost of having a locksmith out to put in a new lock after a key breaks off in the lock. Have had some I put in my finds pouch in one piece and come out as two =D

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I include the garbage to just keep it real, don't want an unsuspecting newbie thinking it's all gravy then giving up! Lol!
Plus some "garbage" turns out not to be and others may notice! I can always hope! Lol!

CRM- that's one way the finds multiply! More pieces than you had to start with!

Thanks guys I appreciate the encouragement! I know it's out there and I will find it!
GL. And HH to all!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I include the garbage to just keep it real, don't want an unsuspecting newbie thinking it's all gravy then giving up! Lol!
Plus some "garbage" turns out not to be and others may notice! I can always hope! Lol!

CRM- that's one way the finds multiply! More pieces than you had to start with!

Thanks guys I appreciate the encouragement! I know it's out there and I will find it!
GL. And HH to all!

That M-6 sure helps:laughing7:.....course you already know that.

Last edited:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks good to me. Congrats on your wheatie.
I haven't found one in like, two months.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey MsBeep..look at it this way-when you find the car the keys belong to, you have a couple bucks for gas!! ha...I know you are in a serious silver drought..but PLEEEASE believe me..when it rains..it pours..keep swingin !!...ddf

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your hunt and those pictures with us

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MS Beep, Your idea of the snow plow drops is a very good idea, and the attitude of " I'm happy to just find anything" is a good one. No doubt some are "into" this for the wrong reasons, it's not a get-rich-scheme for sure.

Having said that I know you want to get into the older stuff, and I know for fact it's around you for sure. There are other MA members finding it. Where did you grandma live ? Any other old relatives ? Friends that live in old town houses ? I want you to find something really great, You've been digging hard for two years now. ...

OH SORRY, Yes that was a good dig, but I know deep down you do want something older.

looknforgold

Apr 30, 2011
Somewhere in the US of A
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Equinox 800, Anderson Shafts, Garrett Pro Pointer, SEF Coils and CoinTOTE, AND........
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold comes with the trash, and I have a feeling you do pretty well :)

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lots of effort to dig a lot of targets-clad or not MSB. Dig that many every day & a GOODY will show up soon. HH, Q.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread