Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I was able to get out for the day with hunthicks and a new hunting partner…The day started off very slow as it was a day of getting on to new sites and scouting for potential future sites… We were able to scratch off quite a few sites I have been meaning to try over the years and wasn't able to get on them due to not being cut. These were promising sites and surprising enough didn't contain anything old at all…The day wasn't a bust, as the day was getting late when were able to get onto a new site that we were sure that it would've been hit a few times by other detectorist, however they must have thought the same thing and avoided it all together as the site was never touched. Here are a few of the finds I made and I'll let hunthicks post up his goodies without mentioning anything…
Iron Patch you can just imagine what I first thought when this little beauty came out of the ground…I thought it was older than it was, expecting it was pre Victorian in age, a little disappointed but not much. :tongue3: The coins found ranged from Geo III to Vic Large

Regimental badge
The 1901 Tudor-crown badge with the Royal Cypher of His Majesty King Edward VII. This was the official regimental badge between 1901 and 1910

Attachments

• Royal Cypher 2.jpg
    Royal Cypher 2.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 87
  • group2.jpg
    group2.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 5

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, I thought that was going to be older for sure! Still a nice piece in nice shape, and lots of old finds there. I'll try to get mine posted up here in a few!!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
The cool factor isn't in age but in shovelfuls of dirt!

Doesn't matter how old it is, it's pretty cool!
Very nice find, the old one will be in your pouch before too long!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the badge is a good find...in good condition, and certainly not common to dig.

Looks like it was quite a productive place. Looking forward to finding a new (and productive) site myself, and hopefully soon.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice digs for sure, liking the badge even though it's only 100+yrs old.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread