Two more Silvers today!

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to the stripped beach that gave up the '52 Rosie yesterday and hit again! Another '52 Rosie (common, over 90m minted) and a very antique Sterling ring! It's interesting that the rings been lost for so long that the solder turned green. I won't be filing it, I love the patina! Any way to date the ring? It only says sterling, but I can't find any info on when they started stamping .925. It just seems very old.

Photos taken on the bus on the way home, too tired to walk!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413760713.107559.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413760730.199978.jpg

Upvote 3

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your finds.

OP
OP
HenryWaltonJonesJr

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! Both were only a few inches down, followed the cuts in the sand from huge wave action yesterday. Ring was a 94-96 I figured it was some kind of detector confusing junk. Rosie was a solid 93-94.

This is a beach I've hit about 30 times at least and only found one other silver there ('64 Rosie), iron and scrap infested minefield. I'm slowly learning that experience is probably more important than your machine. It's not only about where, but when and when you'd have the where and when...it's where EXACTLY! I need to follow around a veteran and not watch the ground just watch him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread