Two 1830s Silver Sixpence, Buttons, Ball and the usual stuff!

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out with the Patriot and another local detectorist today, and I'm glad I didn't stay home to work! We had a rough go of it at first, but found some backup sites and took our turns knocking on doors and trying spots until later in the afternoon we hit a spot I had bypassed many times thinking it must have been detected.
It didn't take too long to pop out the 1836 Six Pence, at which point I decided to head to the bottom of the field that bordered a creek and started popping musketballs, buttons and other oldies. I heard the call that we were leaving soon and started heading towards the car, and nabbed the 1834 silver...about 5 feet in front of where the other fellow was waiting with his detector off! I was lucky they didn't try to kick my lucky horseshoe outta it's hiding spot. :laughing7:
IMG_4975.JPG
IMG_4977.JPG
Pair of broken wings that were found in an otherwise silent field. Possibly off some sort of badge maybe?
IMG_4976.JPG
And sometimes these posts make it look easy, but here's todays pile of junk!
IMG_4980.JPG

And these are some finds from a quick hunt the other day while out for a drive with the wife:
IMG_4978.JPG
This looks to be a snap rather than a button, any idea the age? early 1900s?
IMG_4979.JPG

Upvote 4

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great job Hunthicks, you are on a silver roll for sure…funny how this hobby works…but like I said today, it's not an easy hobby and like you posted all your junk, a lot of people just see the treasure and not the trash we have to dig to get there...

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, dug a lot of holes today, we walked quite a few kilometers and knocked on quite a few doors. And that pile of junk doesn't include the huge pieces of iron and that pop can I was sure was a belt plate 2 and a half feet down just feet from the old stuff haha.

Another great job Hunthicks, you are on a silver roll for sure…funny how this hobby works…but like I said today, it's not an easy hobby and like you posted all your junk, a lot of people just see the treasure and not the trash we have to dig to get there...

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good productive site.
Nice silvers.
What's the copper from the other day ?

Yes the junk, I had to empty the pouch twice yesterday, and the so called keepers were few.

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copper from the other day was an 1813 Trade and Navigation token. At least yesterday was a good silver to junk ratio!

Good productive site.
Nice silvers.
What's the copper from the other day ?

Yes the junk, I had to empty the pouch twice yesterday, and the so called keepers were few.

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really like those two 6 pence coins. Great finds. My second oldest silver coin is a 1859 six pence in really good shape. Any way you could send a picture of the backs? They look in great shape! :)

image-2173823918.jpg

image-81464161.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions