STERLING SILVER 3-PIECE IRISH CLADDAGH RING

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A working weekend, and a sneak away for a quick hour and a half hunt. Hit an out of town park that I hunted twice before and previously found a nice copper bracelet. I was excited to be able to get away as the work wasn't looking very profitable. The park has 3 baseball fields among other features. I started with the one I thought got the most business. I didn't find a whole lot, 3 clad dimes, so strolled over to an area I thought would be missed by of my comrades that I know work this park. I was right, Quarter, dime, dime RING. lol +75 VDI on my MXT Pro. When I dug it, I knew unmistakably,it had to be silver. But I had never seen a piece like this.

When I finally got home tonight, I looked it up.

It's an Irish Claddagh Ring.

Claddagh ring - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One just like it, is listed on eBay.

RARE Sterling Silver Signed PSCL Celtic Three Part Claddagh Ring Inseparable | eBay

It weighs in at 8.19 grams. And other than needing a good bath and cleaning, is in great shape.

I really was fretting not having more hunt time this weekend, but this certainly made up for it. I also dug a junk ring and $1.22, in clad, a tad shy of the $1.50 coffee was selling for at the place I was working. :-(

The luck of the Irish prevailed, because in the last hour of work today, we doubled our revenue for the day. I know there is some Irish in my mangled Gene Pool.

Ring1.JPG Ring2.JPG Ring3.JPG

Thanks for Sharing my Excitement.
HH
MariposaGold

Last edited:
Upvote 13

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used