Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evening Folks , Finally work has slow down and now have I time get the into the swing before the temperature gets hot. Saturday Morning I set out to my latest site which was a camp located on high ground just above the old dirt road. Brisk walk of about 2 miles along a winding track and still cool at time of the day. Plenty of birds tending their young in the tree tops.Smell of the golden wattles and yellow wax flowers is quite strong . Over the years this site has been good for relics but only ever getting one or two keepers each time. The problem is the relics from the first gold rush are buried under horse puddler and tom-sluice sand washed off the side of a near by hill. On the high point of the flat above the creak the sand is about a foot deep but around this area the sand can be up too 7 feet .bet there would be some grand finds but even a GPX cannot punch that deep. So i stick to the area where the sand is shallow. Small buttons justa faint whisper and then a sharp aggressive target. About 1/3 of a fancy wreath buckle. No i,m going to walk away the rest had to be there some where . 2 hours of digging large holes and digging deep i finally got the other 2/3's Much and much of buttons and few shards . Again only half of the buckle but i,m happy to have the whole half. Plenty of pics of site and dig .

Tinpan

Attachments

• gt.JPG
    gt.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 95
  • gt 2.JPG
    gt 2.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 81
  • dav.JPG
    dav.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 82
  • dav2.JPG
    dav2.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 79
  • dav3.JPG
    dav3.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 95
  • dav4.JPG
    dav4.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 83
  • dav6.JPG
    dav6.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 82
  • dav8.JPG
    dav8.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 5

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dandy looking buckle wreath Tinpan! I'm glad you were able to find the other piece to it!! Good Luck on your future adventures!!!

IM

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a real honker of a buckle, congrats.
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread