36.3 KB · Views: 165
Upvote 12

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Some gold? That looks like a lunker! Congrats to you! What is it marked and the weight?? Any little tale on the recovery?

Thanks for sharing your glitter find and HH ALL.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHOA!! That, my friend..is one H U G E ring!! Gold rind STILL on my to-do list, not that I haven't tried, or dug sixteen tons of scrap trying. Kudos on the great find!...ddf

OP
OP
Tenn treasure hunter
Oct 12, 2012
Hendersonville TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Teknetics Alpha
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well found it on my fathers property looking for grapeshot. 14k 18 grams. Don't know what the A stands for and has "100 po**t club" on the front and an engraving in the back.

Eureka!

Mar 11, 2014
Northeast Coast USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO 5x8 Coil - VULCAN 360 Pinpointer -Lesche Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well found it on my fathers property looking for grapeshot. 14k 18 grams. Don't know what the A stands for and has "100 po**t club" on the front and an engraving in the back.

The ring you found may have belonged to a person whom scored One Thousand (1,000) POINTS while on a Sports TEAM or Sports LEAGUE.

I Googled - "1000 Point Club" and it references Basketball, Hockey and Football Leagues.... The ring could be from the 1960's (gold was valued at less than $100 an ounce back then).

NICE FIND!

OP
OP
Tenn treasure hunter
Oct 12, 2012
Hendersonville TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Teknetics Alpha
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought the same thing the only thing is that there's an engraving on the inside saying " 5 year sales award"

OP
OP
Tenn treasure hunter
Oct 12, 2012
Hendersonville TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Teknetics Alpha
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It also has a name, I googled it and came back with someone that used to live in my town but now lives in NY. What's y'all's thought on finding original owners?

Eureka!

Mar 11, 2014
Northeast Coast USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO 5x8 Coil - VULCAN 360 Pinpointer -Lesche Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It also has a name, I googled it and came back with someone that used to live in my town but now lives in NY. What's y'all's thought on finding original owners?

Finding the Original Owner is always a nice thing to do.

My thinking would be based on what I was taught:

Just put yourself in the other persons shoes - if it were you that lost the ring and someone returned it; how would that make you feel?

Karma - what ever comes around goes around. Also - Do on to other as you would like others to do onto you.

I know that it's hard to give it up because of it potential VALUE -but- there is "value" in returning it too; it's something that money can't buy.

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with eureka. It's completely up to you but i found a gold ring this summer that the gentleman had lost in 1950. I looked him up and returned it to him. it really was an amazing feeling. Seeing his face and knowing that he had all but forgot about it, i smiled the rest of the day. I won't lie, it was a little bittersweet but I have never regretted that decision. Again, it's totally your call and either way you go it's a really nice find.:thumbsup:

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Gorgeous, gorgeous ring! :icon_flower::icon_cheers::icon_flower: Congrats!

In my opinion, as the finder it's totally your decision whether to contact a possible owner or not. You found the ring, you dug the ring. Otherswise, it would remain unfound in the ground. I've dug 2 gold rings. One a plain band, the other a very unique ring with info inside the band & which had been underground for decades. They both fit me! I attempted to find the unique ring's owner locally by showing it to several local long-time custom jewelry shops, by passing it around to old-timers at my senior center, & by announcing it at my gem & mineral club's meeting, but I didn't do an online or national search. I wore the rings sometimes for a few months. I later sold both gold rings for melt value to Midwestern Refineries, a company listed here on t-net which pays about 95% of current gold value. When the check came from the refinery, I gave $300 to homeless abused women, $100 to a hard-working relative, and spent $20 on myself. Others would've done a national or internet search, and maybe I'd do that next time, but I chose not to this first time. Again, congrats on your wonderful find! :icon_thumright: Andi

OP
OP
Tenn treasure hunter
Oct 12, 2012
Hendersonville TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Teknetics Alpha
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I have found the guys number. He lives in New York. At least I hope it's him. What's the odds of someone with the same name living in the same city. I guess I should say that it is an unusual name Casper. The ring is dated 1964 and he is in his 80's so I'm sure it probably him. Just have to figure out how to ask if it is his with out saying, hey did you loose a gold ring? Lol

JT_hunter

Oct 28, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 di Pro - Fisher CZ5 - Garrett AT pro - Whites M6 - Garrett Sea Hunter MK ll - Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find Tenn, diggin a gold ring never gets old, I can do it day in and day out and never get tired of it. lol, HH.

swolfe

Jul 8, 2012
Rockford Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Beep and Dig Harbor Freight 9 function detector.
Whites Coinmaster DB/4
Whites Coinmaster Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck on the return. That is an awesome ring! I agree, returning a ring is more rewarding than the scrap value.

Yard Digger

Dec 20, 2009
Manila, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 with Bounty Hunter Headphones and TX-2002 Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just have to figure out how to ask if it is his with out saying, hey did you loose a gold ring? Lol
Ask him to describe it. If his memory is still good he should be able to. I Like your find and good luck on the return if that is what you decide.

treasurehunter313

Apr 29, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would give it back! I returned one a couple weeks ago to my neighbor even though I don't like her much at all and she wasn't that appreciative haha but I believe in doing what is right and that I will be paid back for it. It's honestly up to you! If you do return it please let us know the story!

Shelbe

Feb 10, 2013
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Have used a Whites that I bought when I was 17, it was broken in storage this winter, Looking at a Garret 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finding the Original Owner is always a nice thing to do.

My thinking would be based on what I was taught:

Just put yourself in the other persons shoes - if it were you that lost the ring and someone returned it; how would that make you feel?

Karma - what ever comes around goes around. Also - Do on to other as you would like others to do onto you.

I know that it's hard to give it up because of it potential VALUE -but- there is "value" in returning it too; it's something that money can't buy.

I love your words...especially the ones about value.well spoken.

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many schools of thought on rings with information for a return. It's yours, you could keep it and no one would think anything about it. I returned a class ring this summer that had been lost for 44 years. I got great personal satisfaction from the experience and that was the "value" to me. I think it's a personal choice. If you make a connection and return it, please post the story.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread